BAD BAD WILLY / KARLA / all american trailer manufacturers >

BAD BAD WILLY / KARLA / all american trailer manufacturers

Notices

BAD BAD WILLY / KARLA / all american trailer manufacturers

Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO!
Willy was much more $ and it was a package deal with delivery.
I figured he would not build me a cheap trailer.
If he was pulling it he would have to make it to Washington State.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Why would he turn around in Oklahoma to go back to Florida? Seems like he would have been more than half way at that point, if it made it back to Florida it should have made it to Seattle....
Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Registered

we flew in to pompano fl. last night.
Wily said he would be here to meet us.
we get here and a worker said he's in california.
wily also said he would have quality rockwell 7k axles here and some quality 8k and 10k for options.NONE no options at this point?
he had built the trailer on 80"frame and supports we right on water intakes causing pressure on bottom surface.
the whole weight of the boat is on the cross suports of the trailer none on the accual frame(scary) lots of weight on stainless u bolts.
the trailer should of been built on 93"frame and wider axles.
how can i post pictures? you got to see this!
OMG
Old 03-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

update!
sat 3/12/11
many phone calls to wily
back peddling swindling liar!
we give up!
now we want our money back!
wily still not in town (liar)
wily told us we can't go beyond the gate(deni of access and property posted sign stated open on sat.
had to call local police to gain access to the boat
police arrived and grated us access.
police talked to wily and carla
and they told police that they did not what the boat/trailer to leave.
they claim the trailer is not safe for travel! yup! so do we!
so give our money back
wich is sad wily told us 1 week ago and on wed and thursday
he would give us all of our money back.
another Lie! we asked for our money back and is refusing.
refused to meet in person over and over
our plan was to get the boat home on his trailer now we need a refund! any buddy need a great 46'custom tunnel 680hp diesel and asd 10 surface drives
e-mail me I can send some pictures
or look on craigs list florida miami
[email protected] or call 206 755 3944
Old 03-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/2262791814.html need to put that on a cargo ship.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warlock31
update!
sat 3/12/11
many phone calls to wily
back peddling swindling liar!
we give up!
now we want our money back!
wily still not in town (liar)
wily told us we can't go beyond the gate(deni of access and property posted sign stated open on sat.
had to call local police to gain access to the boat
police arrived and grated us access.
police talked to wily and carla
and they told police that they did not what the boat/trailer to leave.
they claim the trailer is not safe for travel! yup! so do we!
so give our money back
wich is sad wily told us 1 week ago and on wed and thursday
he would give us all of our money back.
another Lie! we asked for our money back and is refusing.
refused to meet in person over and over
our plan was to get the boat home on his trailer now we need a refund! any buddy need a great 46'custom tunnel 680hp diesel and asd 10 surface drives
e-mail me I can send some pictures
or look on craigs list florida miami
[email protected] or call 206 755 3944
Why are you advertising it with a new trailer if the trailer is Junk???
Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by warlock31
we flew in to pompano fl. last night.
Wily said he would be here to meet us.
we get here and a worker said he's in california.
wily also said he would have quality rockwell 7k axles here and some quality 8k and 10k for options.NONE no options at this point?
he had built the trailer on 80"frame and supports we right on water intakes causing pressure on bottom surface.
the whole weight of the boat is on the cross suports of the trailer none on the accual frame(scary) lots of weight on stainless u bolts.
the trailer should of been built on 93"frame and wider axles.
how can i post pictures? you got to see this!
OMG
Warlock OMG, Please you sound like a knowledgeable guy. You buy this Boat or Part time Tug!! You order this trailer.??? I'm sure you went to look at this boat before you bought it. YES ???? Are you telling me you couldn't buy that extra plane ticket to Fl. to make the deal on the new trailer, I don't care if you got bids from every MFG. in the country. Once you pick one you better get there. See there manufacturing process, operation, meet the people, spec in the details on the trailer etc. Don't know what you paid for that trailer including delivery, but an extra $400 for the plane ticket to Fl. was not much to add. You certainly spent the $$$ and bought the ticket to go there NOW. I'm sorry this has turned out so bad for you, and it sounds like Willy is not being truthful, and up front , but you put yourself in this spot from the beginning. I bought my last trailer from Eagle, triple axle for a 40' Boat. I went there 3x ,the last was to inspect every inch of the trailer before I accepted delivery. Oh buy the way the trailer was painted a few shades lighter than the paint sample that was provided. I drove home while they stripped it and re-painted it for me. Then I took delivery. Good luck lessons learned.!!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not so sure I agree with you guys.

It's not the buyers responsibility to be a professional trailer builder. He gave all the info he had to the trailer builder, including all the details as to who had the boat (which the trailer builder knows) and where the boat was so the proper trailer could be spec'd and built for the boat. The OP isn't a trailer builder, he's hiring a pro to handle the task for him... and then deliver the boat on the trailer he built.

If I hire a rigging company to move a piece of machinery, it's not my responsibly to provide all of the detailed specs on the equipment and to tell them how to do their job, they are the professionals and handle these details every day... w/o the specs as the guys hiring them generally dont have them. The riggers are responsible to research everything and take all the measurements and precautions necessary to move my equipment. It's not my place to have to design and dictate all the details on how it gets done. I dont tell them which dollys to use or which forklifts and trailers to bring. They are the professionals I hire to do the job.

This is really no different than the out of state OP hiring a trailer builder to build a trailer for a boat that the trailer builder is close to and has access (which the OP does not). He's hiring an expert that's local to the boat to build whatever it takes to satisfy the requirements of that boat. He gave the builder the contact info of the guy who has the boat and told him where it was so he could take all the detailed measurements and due diligence to build what's needed. If the builder fails to build the trailer to the task at hand, why should it be the out of state buyers fault?

IMO, based on the limited info posted here, it sounds like the builder should be fixing the trailer (as it should have been built to begin with) and then deliver the boat. That, or give him a full refund.

Just my worthless 2 cents.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
I'm not so sure I agree with you guys.

It's not the buyers responsibility to be a professional trailer builder. He gave all the info he had to the trailer builder, including all the details as to who had the boat (which the trailer builder knows) and where the boat was so the proper trailer could be spec'd and built for the boat. The OP isn't a trailer builder, he's hiring a pro to handle the task for him... and then deliver the boat on the trailer he built.

If I hire a rigging company to move a piece of machinery, it's not my responsibly to provide all of the detailed specs on the equipment and to tell them how to do their job, they are the professionals and handle these details every day... w/o the specs as the guys hiring them generally dont have them. The riggers are responsible to research everything and take all the measurements and precautions necessary to move my equipment. It's not my place to have to design and dictate all the details on how it gets done. I dont tell them which dollys to use or which forklifts and trailers to bring. They are the professionals I hire to do the job.

This is really no different than the out of state OP hiring a trailer builder to build a trailer for a boat that the trailer builder is close to and has access (which the OP does not). He's hiring an expert that's local to the boat to build whatever it takes to satisfy the requirements of that boat. He gave the builder the contact info of the guy who has the boat and told him where it was so he could take all the detailed measurements and due diligence to build what's needed. If the builder fails to build the trailer to the task at hand, why should it be the out of state buyers fault?

IMO, based on the limited info posted here, it sounds like the builder should be fixing the trailer (as it should have been built to begin with) and then deliver the boat. That, or give him a full refund.

Just my worthless 2 cents.
I agree, and add any real professional would surely notice that they failed miserably at engineering that trailer, and refund the money, or get it right with out all the bs, years ago when I lived in Tx, I flew down to ft lauderdale, bought a 40' excalibur with no trailer, flew back, bought a crappy target trailer, on ebay, (I had no idea what I was doing back then), I realised after my impulse buy that I may be in over my head, so made a phone call to South Florida Trailers, they picked up the trailer at the ebay guys business, took it to the boat at the storage marina, measured it, and rebuilt my trailer to specs, (on a shoe string budget I might add), and I drove down from Texas with a friend since I only had 4 days off work, so we grabbed the trailer had the boat loaded and drove back, everything worked out great, and it all happenned with a single phone call, Thank Goodness for Business people like thay had at south florida trailers back then!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen that boat along time ago for sale, can't remember where or when but I remember that story about the partial submersion. All things aside though, I agree with the last posts. The boat owner is not a trailer builder. The trailer builder had the boat, could of and should of had it weighed before he even began to build the trailer. Absolutly should have after bending 2 axles in his own yard. That trailer under that boat is laughable. It looks like a yard trailer and I doubt seriously if that rig ever left his yard. I wouldn't pull that down the road let alone across the country. Sounds like the boat owner was looking for a cheap trailer to haul the cheap boat he just purchased and now is realizing he got what he paid for. His story is short on alot of facts. He had the boat shipped to him from someplace and I know that during that process he would have been told the actual weight of the boat he had to pay to get shipped. The trailer builers is an idiot for submitting a bid to build a trailer without knowing the actual weight and size. Wouldn't hiring a boat hauler with a big rig been a better idea? Who the he77 is gonna haul that thing around anyway. The early post was right though "He shoulda went to Myco"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.