Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Stereo equipment stolen/vandalized Venetian Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/253412-stereo-equipment-stolen-vandalized-venetian-marina.html)

frickstyle 05-12-2011 08:51 AM

Stereo equipment stolen/vandalized Venetian Marina

Some speakers were stolen out of my SeaRay at Venetian marina inside cold storage. They also tried to pry the head unit out of the mount and damaged the unit. I think these were kids because they weren't very good theives.

Just wanted to give a heads up as I know there are alot of performance boaters that rack store inside and out there.

The management didn't seem to care when I notified them of the incident. I wasn't looking for any compensation, as it is not a high dollar item, but their attitude turned me off. I am unsure if I will stay there docked next year or not.

Problem is that there is no place else to rack store an offshore boat in the area. Time to look at boathouses....

kjm5125 05-12-2011 09:18 PM

A locked winter storage area? If so, who would have access? Yes, I believe there would be a liability issue on their part. Their awareness would be heightened if you filed a police report.

Try Skipper Buds/Marina Del Isle-They rack store my 382.

obnoxus 05-12-2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by kjm5125 (Post 3401931)
A locked winter storage area? If so, who would have access? Yes, I believe there would be a liability issue on their part. Their awareness would be heightened if you filed a police report.

Im sure they made him sign something for storage, ,,,hold harmless,,,,release of liability etc.

frickstyle 05-13-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by kjm5125 (Post 3401931)

They are not responsible for items on the boat, period. I was not going to file a police report for a $150 hundred dollar item, much less a claim. I would think they would want to take action for tresspassing, etc. They also mentioned that they had some TVs stolen around December, again with a laid back casual attitude.

I would be careful, as always, with any removable equipment left at Venetian, just a heads up. I don't think it's as much of a problem in season, however, I have already decided not to leave the boat there over winter anymore.

Hey kjm, I live in Olmsted Falls too. Where are you at?

firehawkcat 05-13-2011 08:33 PM

I dont blame you, if they didnt care about there own stuff getting stolen they sure wont care about yours

kjm5125 05-13-2011 08:40 PM

Hey kjm, I live in Olmsted Falls too. Where are you at?[/QUOTE]

Falls Point

ItsPeanut 05-15-2011 10:47 AM

Did you speak to Richard??

frickstyle 05-16-2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by kjm5125 (Post 3402646)
Hey kjm, I live in Olmsted Falls too. Where are you at?

Falls Point[/QUOTE]

I live down at the end of Schady. Do you keep your boat up in Sandusky or in Olmsted?

DucBoy 05-17-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 3401201)
Some speakers were stolen out of my SeaRay at Venetian marina inside cold storage. They also tried to pry the head unit out of the mount and damaged the unit. I think these were kids because they weren't very good theives.

Just wanted to give a heads up as I know there are alot of performance boaters that rack store inside and out there.

The management didn't seem to care when I notified them of the incident. I wasn't looking for any compensation, as it is not a high dollar item, but their attitude turned me off. I am unsure if I will stay there docked next year or not.

Problem is that there is no place else to rack store an offshore boat in the area. Time to look at boathouses....

Hey, I have 3-4 pairs of new marine speakers in the box that I bought for a project and they didn't fit. I'm in Lakewood - drop me a PM of what size you need and if they match a pair is yours.

Best,

db