Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of Viking Boat Lifts >

Beware of Viking Boat Lifts

Notices

Beware of Viking Boat Lifts

Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little "Off Topic" but, I was wondering if you guys could provide me with some Input on what would be a good lift for my small Baja [24ft] I keep it at our cottage in the 1000 Islands area, so, it would need to be able to stay in the water [ice] year round, or be VERY easy to remove. The other issue is price, I really cant justify spending 15K for a lift used on a 20K boat!

I have heard mixed reviews for the "Air Dock" style lifts, but, they seem to be pretty reasonably priced, but, I assume they have to be removed for winter?

Hydrohoists look good too, but, I think they require a good amount of depth to use? I only have about 4-5 ft of water at my dock [we are in a bay] and the water is lower than that late in the fall.

Any input would be appreciated! Although, I can safely say I wont be considering a "Viking" lift regardless of price or convience!

Thanks!
Michael
Old 11-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

hey Michael you still looking for a 29'???
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've owned a viking lift for 5 years, and it has been left in the ice the whole time. our bay is very still and our water level is controlled by a dam. not much ice movement, therefore the lift has not budged and works exactly the same since the day i got it. I have not required service from them so far.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy New Year folks!

To recap - in April 2010 we paid Viking Marine $4000 US as a deposit for a boat lift. Here we are nearly 3 years later sans the lift or money....

Just wanted to let you know that the Canadian Government just laid 30 charges against Viking Marine International - full details on my blog at http://myvikingboatliftexperience.blogspot.com

Safe boating all!