Beware of Viking Boat Lifts

Notices

Beware of Viking Boat Lifts

Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Viking Boat Lifts

Greetings all. I am in the process of enduring a HORRIBLE experience with Viking Boat Lifts http://vikingboatlift.com out of Ontario Canada, and wanted to post my experiences to possibly prevent a fellow OSO member from having to suffer through experiences similar to mine.

It all started great last fall when I was searching for a shallow water boat lift that could hoist my 8k lb 2007 Eliminator Daytona. There are few options, but I found Viking and liked the fact that they claimed their design allowed the lift to remain in the water during winter seasons. I even spoke with a customer of theirs that had left the lift in over the winter without issue.

They were easy to deal with through the sales process. Unfortunately, I needed 2 of these lifts to hoist a boat of my length. They asked for $10k deposit, of which I was very uncomfortable with. After dealing with Angelina through the entire sales process, I finally told here there was no way I was going to send $10k out of the country as desposit. She got the owner and founder of the company on the phone, Bo Moeller, and he began to explain how everyone gives him a minimum of 50% down. After some discussion, he understood my concern and said he'd settle for a $2k deposit. Begrudginly, I agreed.

All seemed cool. I sent the deposit check. I received a confirmation email form them, as well as confirmation post card.

Then the games began.

In early April I reached out and asked when they were going to do my install. Several days went by without a response. I sent another email...again several days went by without a response. I then called and left a message. A few more days go by and I get an email from someone named Toni stating that they don't have an install date and they'll have to get back to me.

End of April rolls along so I call back. Mailbox is full. I send an email asking when my install date was as we agreed it was going to be first week in May. Several days go by, it's now first week in May. I call, able to leave a message. several days go by. No returned phone call. The following week, I get an email from Toni with some cryptic verbiage around them having a few set backs, and they still can't give me an install date, but it definitely won't be the first 3 weeks in May.

"Set Backs?' So the compassionate side of me fears that something may have happened to Bo or Angelina so I reply back to Toni and ask if Bo and Angelina are ok. No response. The following week - still no response.

So, now I begin to get suspcicious and start poking around the internet and find that I am not alone. There are several others experiencing challenges similar to mine with this company. So much so that there is a guy that started a blog about his challenges -> http://vikingboatliftnightmares.blog...oat-lifts.html

And another person on a legal forum seeking advice on how to sue Viking to to their lack of performance -> http://www.justanswer.com/canada-law...ney-creek.html

After seeing this, I put Viking Boat Lift on Notice in writing and gave them 2 weeks to have my lift installed. If not, I wanted my deposit back and was seeking another solution. If they chose not to return my desposit I was going to seek legal action and let others know of my experience. That date has now come and gone. I have purchased an RGC lift from another vendor and am moving on from this company.

As a small business owner, I always found that being honest with my customers fared well. It is unfortunate that the folks at Viking Marine haven't treated me (and apparently others) in this fashion.

So now I am engaging an attorney in Ontario to go after my deposit. As opposed to singing their praises for doing what they agreed to do and what I paid them to do, because they have failed MISERABLY!

Hopefully this helps others avoid the headaches I've enjoyed this spring. I will proivde updates as the saga continues.

It's a shame that one has to endure this kind of dishonest and unprofessional behavior.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Thanks won't use them.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Update #1

Thought I would give an update on my Viking Boat Lift Saga. On June 14th, I finally received an email from Angelina at Viking Marine. She had stated that they had read my post and were sorry that I had to seek another lift provider due to their inability to deliver. She had stated that she would be sending my deposit back without issue. Now, since I have heard all sorts of promises from them over the past several months, I responded skeptically and said I look forward to seeing my check, however if I don't have it by Monday, I will update my post on the forums with your lack of performance and begin sending letters out to the editor of various boating magazines.

Well, this morning, I got an email from Angelina stating that Bo is still out of the office and now I won't receive my check until next week. WOW! What a surprise. More lame execuses or as people with some integrity might call them, stall tactics.

Consider yoursleves updated and warned. I'll post my next update 6-27.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear of your problems, IMO I would not leave a lift in the water year round in our climate, even if they claim it can be done. Ice is very powerful.

PM me if are interested in having a custom lift built for your boat by a reputable company in Utica NY, they will even give you a tour of the factory.

Good luck and I hope you get your funds back. Scary how many people are being taken in the Marine industry recently.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

A - I am sorry to hear about your problems

B - This was one of the few Beware/Stolen posts that was readable. Bravo on that - most are rambling incoherent indecipherable gibberish that takes 50 more posts to sort out what actually happened.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they find your post because they are OSO members or did someone happen to send them a link?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Greetings all. I am in the process of enduring a HORRIBLE experience with Viking Boat Lifts http://vikingboatlift.com out of Ontario Canada, and wanted to post my experiences to possibly prevent a fellow OSO member from having to suffer through experiences similar to mine.

It all started great last fall when I was searching for a shallow water boat lift that could hoist my 8k lb 2007 Eliminator Daytona. There are few options, but I found Viking and liked the fact that they claimed their design allowed the lift to remain in the water during winter seasons. I even spoke with a customer of theirs that had left the lift in over the winter without issue.

They were easy to deal with through the sales process. Unfortunately, I needed 2 of these lifts to hoist a boat of my length. They asked for $10k deposit, of which I was very uncomfortable with. After dealing with Angelina through the entire sales process, I finally told here there was no way I was going to send $10k out of the country as desposit. She got the owner and founder of the company on the phone, Bo Moeller, and he began to explain how everyone gives him a minimum of 50% down. After some discussion, he understood my concern and said he'd settle for a $2k deposit. Begrudginly, I agreed.

All seemed cool. I sent the deposit check. I received a confirmation email form them, as well as confirmation post card.

Then the games began.

In early April I reached out and asked when they were going to do my install. Several days went by without a response. I sent another email...again several days went by without a response. I then called and left a message. A few more days go by and I get an email from someone named Toni stating that they don't have an install date and they'll have to get back to me.

End of April rolls along so I call back. Mailbox is full. I send an email asking when my install date was as we agreed it was going to be first week in May. Several days go by, it's now first week in May. I call, able to leave a message. several days go by. No returned phone call. The following week, I get an email from Toni with some cryptic verbiage around them having a few set backs, and they still can't give me an install date, but it definitely won't be the first 3 weeks in May.

"Set Backs?' So the compassionate side of me fears that something may have happened to Bo or Angelina so I reply back to Toni and ask if Bo and Angelina are ok. No response. The following week - still no response.

So, now I begin to get suspcicious and start poking around the internet and find that I am not alone. There are several others experiencing challenges similar to mine with this company. So much so that there is a guy that started a blog about his challenges -> http://vikingboatliftnightmares.blog...oat-lifts.html

And another person on a legal forum seeking advice on how to sue Viking to to their lack of performance -> http://www.justanswer.com/canada-law...ney-creek.html

After seeing this, I put Viking Boat Lift on Notice in writing and gave them 2 weeks to have my lift installed. If not, I wanted my deposit back and was seeking another solution. If they chose not to return my desposit I was going to seek legal action and let others know of my experience. That date has now come and gone. I have purchased an RGC lift from another vendor and am moving on from this company.

As a small business owner, I always found that being honest with my customers fared well. It is unfortunate that the folks at Viking Marine haven't treated me (and apparently others) in this fashion.

So now I am engaging an attorney in Ontario to go after my deposit. As opposed to singing their praises for doing what they agreed to do and what I paid them to do, because they have failed MISERABLY!

Hopefully this helps others avoid the headaches I've enjoyed this spring. I will proivde updates as the saga continues.

It's a shame that one has to endure this kind of dishonest and unprofessional behavior.
Thank you everyone for sharing your experience as it’s obvious that I’m not the only one to be in this horrible situation. The entire sales process went seamlessly well, however the problems started after I paid 50% deposit ($4,000) for my lift in early May 2011. There was a major change in cutting all communication with me by not responding to email or voice-mail. Estimated dates for an installation have come and gone. At this point I’m no longer interested in having any association with Viking Marine and having their lift installed as this experience is a fair indication of having no future service or technical support. Not surprisingly my request to return the deposit has been ignored which leaves me no choice but to start the process with the Small Claims court in Hamilton, Ontario. I’m looking to partner with those who are in the same situation to sue Viking Marine international.(Viking Boat Lifts)
Old 06-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Did they find your post because they are OSO members or did someone happen to send them a link?
I made it very easy for them. I forwarded them the link to my post so that not only will the be tried in small claims court, but they will be tried in the court of public opinion.

As boaters we are typically well-aware that our hobby is not an inexpensive one. However, my tolerance for dishonest, integrity lacking behavior is zero. I was happy to pay for the solution that was agreed upon. But try and screw me, I won't rest until it is resolved fairly....and hope that I can prevent others from being screwed by this company. As you can see, I am not the only one.

I am now authoriing letters to the editor of the more popular boating magazines and will continue this campaign until my deposit is returned.

Should any of you like to send an email to Viking letting them know how much we as boaters dislike being screwed, feel free to send an email to [email protected]

Thanks very much.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Good thing you didnt send them the full 10 grand
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Good thing you didnt send them the full 10 grand
Amen bruddah!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.