Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!! >

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Notices

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
I would be interesting to hear how the guy that bought the other set made out. I agree the SM are a rock solid non leaker of a pipe and find it odd they leaked. I'd want to see the leaking pipe hooked to a garden hose with my own eyes if I were searaycer.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
I would be interesting to hear how the guy that bought the other set made out. I agree the SM are a rock solid non leaker of a pipe and find it odd they leaked. I'd want to see the leaking pipe hooked to a garden hose with my own eyes if I were searaycer.
1st off I agree, they are great manifolds, BUT, I've seen them leak if used in Saltwater, no flushing, and the anodes aren't the correct ones for saltwater.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered

Exterior looks nice, insides leak like a damn sprinkler!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
. It's like putting on condom that has been used. Get it tested or a new one. You just don't want a leak!
PC,
I just about spit water all over my keyboard
Old 12-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
BUT, I've seen them leak if used in Saltwater, no flushing, and the anodes aren't the correct ones for saltwater.
I'm sure that treatment would wipe them out in a couple years, the other set sold should be the same.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

From the wording of the ad, it sounds like seller never used them. So, if they looked ok to him, looked ok to you, and looked ok to the engine builder, how could he know there was a problem? Now six months later, you want your money back. C'mon man. start a poll in General Discussion section and I'll bet 90% or better of members wouldn't give you a refund in this circumstance.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Registered

Real simple skullcrusher, whether they passed through my hands, and unknowingly were junk or not, as the seller I would refund the money, especially when I have a reputable third party to attest to the fact they were junk right out of the box...If I had been using them for six moths and they developed a leak you would not here a peep out of me... I guess I am just a stand up kind of guy! I also waited two weeks after the problem was discovered for ROB to get back from vacation before I started this thread.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by searaycer
Real simple skullcrusher, whether they passed through my hands, and unknowingly were junk or not, as the seller I would refund the money, especially when I have a reputable third party to attest to the fact they were junk right out of the box...If I had been using them for six moths and they developed a leak you would not here a peep out of me... I guess I am just a stand up kind of guy! I also waited two weeks after the problem was discovered for ROB to get back from vacation before I started this thread.
sorry skullcrusher,searay is right,he was told they were good,and they were not/its all about doing the right thing,just my 02.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Not pimpin.....just common sense. I could send them out and get tested, they might be okay, or maybe they have a lead that could be fixed, but then what....six months down the road they spring a leak again, damage an engine and you're starting all over. It's like putting on condom that has been used. Get it tested or a new one. You just don't want a leak!
phantomchaos,do you know the difference in a used condom and a snake?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm willing to bet someone so cheap as to put on a used condom isn't, and never will be, a boat owner!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.