Notices

paypal

Old 02-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paypal

So I sold a 400 dollar power tool to a guy "Hilti hammer" in a woodworking web site. I included drill bits and all kinds of stuff and packed it with shrink wrap as dam near new. He paid me through pay pal and now says I shipped him a broken tool and wants a price reduction. I say no way and pay pal said to me on the phone to upgrade matter to a claim. So I do. I send pics of the ad to paypal I send all the pics e-mail between us etc that I have on file on my pc and pay pal rules in his favor. Just like a rubber stamp they take his side. The tool I shipped him was mint clean etc. He says that he got tool with cut cord, dirty cracked housing, no drill bits, ****ty packaging etc. My wife says he is probably shipping back a drill he already had and will get mine for free. I am so mad I could spit nails. I phoned pay pal and they said that if he returns it and it is worse than what he has stated the item is I can file a claim and the can try to do something. Well how worse shape can his drill be that he is returning. They went on to say that he has 10 days to return it to me ( march 1st) and if he doesnt it gets closed. The prick never e-mailed me or anything. No contact at all, just to pay pal. I just dont get it how can he me over like this. Can any of you think of anything i can do. The guy is 500 miles away from me so I cant drive over a lay a lickin on him as much as I would like to. What did I do wrong here. How could I have protected myself from this. I have a perfect record with e-bay. Pay pal took 24 hours to decide the case. i am so pissed off I am going to have to go out for a while and shovel snow or something. Any heads up I would so greatly appreciate. have any of you ran into this? I will check back later after I get rid of the foot of snow that fell.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 02-20-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use the box on paypal mark as "Gift" then I don't think they can claim against you
Old 02-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

I can't tell you what to do with this claim, but for futire, the SECOND that you get the money from him in your Paypal acct, transfer it out and into your bank acct. Then if there is a claim, at least YOU have the money and it goes from there. Paypal makes things "easier" to buy/sell, but they could care less about the buyer. Don't EVER let them pull money from your bank. Always use a credit card, and AmEX would be the perferred choice, as they will back you a lot better than MC/Visa will.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the drill have a serial number?If so and you recorded it and he sends you a different one it is now fraud.I used to do a lot of stuff on E-bay but its just not worth dealing with the idiots.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered

Paypal is all bad...............

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
Old 02-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
Use the box on paypal mark as "Gift" then I don't think they can claim against you
You can only do that if you send money not receiving it.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. I bought that drill hammer because at a habitat build the inspector would not let the pile of volinteers continue because the water line had to be re-swedged in the basement floor so instead of everyone going home I ran to the store and bought the tool and fixed it so we could continue. We could not cover anything up until the water lines were all under pressure. I used the dam thing one time.

Well all the snow has been shoveled and I have cooled off a bit. As far as paypal goes I have both a checking account and a Mastercard listed with them. I did remove the funds shortly after getting the transfer from the buyer because I wanted to pay down my credet card which I put the original purchase on. I had a few hundred bucks in pay pal account left and the other day I bought a an ignition box from a member here so now my pay pal account is negitive 300 bucks and change.

I have the serial number of the unit that I sold the prick. I guess I will see if it matches what he sends me. The fuscker wont accept e-mails from me the just bounce back.

Pay pal told me on the phone that he has 10 days to send it to me and on their e-mail to me they say March 1st. Is that his time limit to get a tracking number listed with them, or the time limit he has to get it to my address? The pay pal guy on the phone said they often root out guys that are scamming by the fact that the buyer has to pay for shipping back to me.
I am still royaly pissed off. If I had a lot of money I would get on a plane and kick the out of him.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 02-20-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: for spelling then I gave up on that
Old 02-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would walk the 500 miles just to give me time to cool down then I would crush his skull with the returned item.......sometimes karma needs a push.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Ya no this is about the money but I think the reason i am so pissed off is pay pal is fasilitating his scam. I only gave a pracy of what happened in this deal here. If we were in a court of law and I laid out all the details as I did to pay pal he would be laughed out of court and wouldnt get to first base with this bullstit crap. I just dont get it. Why do they just rubber stamp this grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I am sure I am not asking for an answer but just venting.

Whatever life goes on. I will try and not let this up the rest of my weekend.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 02-20-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

That post put a smile on my face Brian. Thanks for that. lol

i am going to read that pay pal is bad link now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.