Buyers beware of legend marine group >

Buyers beware of legend marine group

Notices

Buyers beware of legend marine group

Old 10-22-2012, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Disputes like this are why God invented "Small Claims Court".

Doesn't make sense to pay a Lawyer 10k (or more) to get back 5k... (!) You'll have to fly to Texas to file the claim and represent yourself in court, but at least you would be able to re-coup the majority of your money. Depending on what you do for a living though, you'll have to decide if that amount of money is worth the price of plane tickets and your time!

Courts always protect the consumer in situations like this. A legitimate business will ALWAYS provide a contract that CLEARLY states their company's policy when taking a potential customer's deposit money. It doesn't sound like there was any contract that stipulated the terms of the agreement when the deposit money was taken from the potential customer here. For the business to be able to legally keep this deposit money from a consumer, there would have to be a contract that clearly stated this in writing that both parties agreed to and signed. In the absence of a contract, the consumer wins. Period.

Legend Marine should just give this guy his money back yesterday, even if they believe they are fully in the right! Thousands of potential customers are reading this thread on OSO and forming their own opinions. No amt. of $$$ is worth trashing your reputation among your customer base... It will end up costing them more than 5k to hire exterminators to kill the crickets in their showroom!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

I do not have a dog in this fight and really do not care one way or another.

Baja126 comes on here and on his first post bad mouths Legend Marine and 6 pages later has not replyed again and people are assuming that his side of the story is the only side...

not saying its not but,,, most of the times at the end we find there always some little details that are left out ...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
Disputes like this are why God invented "Small Claims Court". Doesn't make sense to pay a Lawyer 10k (or more) to get back 5k... (!) You'll have to fly to Texas to file the claim and represent yourself in court, but at least you would be able to re-coup the majority of your money.

No amt. of $$$ is worth trashing your reputation among your customer base... It will end up costing them more than 5k to hire exterminators to kill the crickets in their showroom!

A. Not sure if the buyer was not flying down to check out the boat (exciting, fun thing to do) then he would not be apt to fly down for a small claims court case (not fun, time consuming).

B. 5K for cricket exterminating...........that is just funny!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody from leg and has just on here to explain anything eather
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
they did not start the thread....

most business do not like to come on public forums and work out issues..

Like I said I do not care either way,,good luck to both...

I am out..do not really care to reply any more,,its not any of my business..
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smalltowngirl
There has only been one side of this story communicated. I highly doubt someone has reputable as Legend would be "shady" about anything. It's not their first boat sale or "no show" customer.
"Shady" ? Shady is lurking for 8 years on a site without any posts then coming on to defend a thief.

Also a deposit is ALWAYS refundable unless otherwise stated.

Buyer is out the money because he did not get terms in writing for how deposit will be handled and he was dealing with crooks but didn't know that until it was to late.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
They don't have to. That's what tells me that there is more than likely another side to this story, especially if the deposit came from someone who was making a little on the deal. It sounds to me like the other "dealer" made a deposit on a boat and didn't take one from the customer.

Legend is not going to lose business over this thread. The one's who disagree aren't likely in the market for what they sell anyway.

If they have something for sale that I want, I will call them and discuss it. If I mention this thread, I am sure they would explain, but they sure done have to do it because OSO wants it.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have only heard 1 of the 3 sides to this story. I am always hesitant to take a first time posters word as gospel when they only come on to slam someone. Especially someone who has been on this board for a long time as a member and a sponsor.

I have met Casey but never done business with him but I know people that have and they always had good things to say about the transaction.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon and for what it is worth, I have ALWAYS considered any deposit I have given as non-refundable as long as the product has been accurately described. If I put my money where my mouth is, then I better be ready to back it up or risk losing the money.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:13 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I know is if I was the owner of Legend I would be all over this thread telling everyone why this guy is full of it! If he can't and/or deoesn't then maybe it would be because he/they screwed the OP over.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered

My 2 cents worth.....
As a businessman, I would never respond in a forum to a customer complaint and I find it interesting that the "victim's" only post is this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.