Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
any one have twin engine boat stolen in Mi recently >

any one have twin engine boat stolen in Mi recently

Notices

any one have twin engine boat stolen in Mi recently

Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

We bought a rural property as a result of a $4.5 million grow-op that was busted here in Ontario. The owner was sentenced to 9 months for his part. On the appointed day, he went to the prison to begin sentence and they basically told him there was no room at the hotel - so he ws given an ankle bracelet/ home arrest for 6 months which was a brutal winter. (What better winter to be confined to being indoors at home)

Any way, he came around the following summer in a brand new Harley Edition F250 to see what was doing with the place - I had no idea who he was until he introduced himself as the previous owner....I told him I surprised as I heard that he was supposed to be locked up at that point. He laughed an told me about the bracelet. I asked him if anything really came out of being busted (new harley truck, no fines, no time served in lockup & I knew they didn't confiscate the property so he received the $$$ from the sale as well...)

He said yes..... he could no longer go to the US for a holdays due to the arrest record - so he was going to Cuba next winter - LOL
Old 01-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious, was the boat recovered as well?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was the guys name Frank?
Old 01-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
UPDATE: The parts I inquired about DID turn out to be stolen and they WERE from the American offshore mentioned in this thread. The parts have been re-united with their rightful owner, and thru the co-operation and hard, persistent work of Detective Brad Robinson and his H.E.A.T. team in Sterling Heights several arrest were made, the Paul Faff 900 hp motors were also recovered and returned to the owner. I would like to personally thank Detective Robinson for proceeding with the evidence I gathered/presented to him and though I never met him in person I have nothing but praise for his efforts and both me and the boats owner are glad to see the thieves behind bars and hopefully going to PRISON for several years, Smitty
this is awesome!!! for once the good guy wins!!! awesome work artic, and as well to the detectives involved!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WoW a great ending. Thanks for being vigilant on the evidence and doing the Right Thing.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Latest thing I just heard from the boat owner/victim was the main thief Larry Smith got 10 months to 10 years in jail/prison, 21,000 restitution to victim, 38,000 restitution to insurance company,
http://macombcountymi.gov/eservices/...QvKD8cvzM4yTXQ

the accomplice got some kind of light jail sentence with major restitution also.

Last edited by articfriends; 02-08-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Curious, was the boat recovered as well?
Boat was found within a day or 2 of being stolen, motors chopped out of it, drives still on it laying on side of road. Thieves cut everything including wires and hoses from what I was told.