Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of this Scarab Sport 302 for sale in - rotten floors and likey the transom too >

Beware of this Scarab Sport 302 for sale in - rotten floors and likey the transom too

Notices

Beware of this Scarab Sport 302 for sale in - rotten floors and likey the transom too

Old 08-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That boat is kept 15 min from my office (I think they keep it at Pauls Marine)

The "Survey" was prob a look over from some guy at the Pauls - and they are crooks there anyway.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flysfloatsor
That boat is kept 15 min from my office (I think they keep it at Pauls Marine)

The "Survey" was prob a look over from some guy at the Pauls - and they are crooks there anyway.
I would put my money on your theory. I bought a boat from a guy named Scott Nagy, DDS and I trusted him and his mechanic, Jeff Wilson now of Marine Tech Concepts located in Port Clinton, OH. Both of them lied their asses off to sell me the boat, I just was too green to have a third party survey done. Unfortunetly, I didn't find my issue until I got it home.........phucking scum bag liars! Glad you caught your issue before purchase.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

These clowns should be aware that there is a thing called the internet these days. Covering up this crap will become known in some manner if someone looks in the right places.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
He said his surveyor (had it surveyed in Jan for ins reasons) said it was no problem. Said if we were concerned that we could squirt epoxy in there.

What I say it was soft - it was VERY soft. You could push the floor 1/4" with just your fingers. NEVER seen a deck that soft.

He also had a removable plug in the drain hole of the cuddy floor. Said he keeps that there to keep the water in the bilge from flooding the cuddy!!

Again, my buddy (buyer) KNEW that these boats have possibly soft decks and he asked the seller directly if there were soft spots before he made an offer and well before we made the trip. Seller obviously knew about the floor because his "surveyor" (I highly question his abilities) told him it was nothing to worry about back in Jan '13. Seller offered the survey to us when we were already in Ohio inspecting the boat.

If your buddy knows that these boats have problems, then why does he want buy one?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
If your buddy knows that these boats have problems, then why does he want buy one?
Because alot of them (including mine) have no issues. It is GREAT boat and those looking for a go-fast style CC - these Scarabs are hard to beat and good ones are desirable. The problem with the deck stems from someone drilling into deck or removing existing screws and not properly sealing them back up. The core is end grain balsa. . . . .

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron