Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Buy this upper outdrive I got hosed on from me. >

Buy this upper outdrive I got hosed on from me.

Notices

Buy this upper outdrive I got hosed on from me.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Did you offer to just keep it for parts as he says?
Old 03-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abones
Just a thought, If that type of crap happened to me I would return it in person (if you know what I mean) because at that point it is not about the money, but the principle, no violence just "honest communication"
Unfortunately distance is one of the setbacks of doing deals over the internet. I can't just drive across town and talk to him face to face in his shop. And the value of this deal isn't high enough to warrant the cost of a plane ticket. I fully understand the principle side of yoir point though.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to buy something from the same seller, asked for pictures a few times. No pictures = no sale. Disingenuous at best, scammer at worst. Caveat emptor.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lil red
Did you offer to just keep it for parts as he says?
After he said I had to eat the shipping both ways, which is half the value of the purchase. There are no usable parts for any of my boats in this unit. That is why I put it in the swap to see if someone else can put to use any of it.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered

I see, yep if you have to pay all the shipping you might as well suck it up as a loss. I got burned by PayPal, sold an intake to a guy. He complained a hole that was tapped npt had damaged threads. It was fine but I offered him a tap to clean it up or send me a tracking number and ill refund your money and one way shipping. He goes on to tell me he's taking it to a machine shop and they want $75 just to look at it. Long story short PayPal gives him his money back, and he kept the intake so I never payed PayPal they can get fu$&ed until I get my parts.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

This aint the first time kid screwed somebody here. Why do people defend this guy?

Kid, send spaz the money and if you want the drive back, prepay the shipping.

Anything less and you are a thief.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidapache
As for this clown $25,000 for a running 31ft viper with 580hp was not a screw i told him i would give him his money back but he pulled the motors out and put his junk in it and sold the boat on ebay for $24,000
I was wondering if that boat got finished and how it came out.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
That is bs. He said he wanted ss drives and you sold him something different. It's 100% on you. Don't say a word in your defence- there is none. Send him a check including his original shipping costs. If you want them back include his shipping expenses as well.
I would have to fully agree. As someone who buys on here often, this kind of behavior effects all whom buy and sell here.

He publicly came on a post and said, here is one!, I got one! Well he better publicly come on here and fix it, Fix it goooood.

I have seen his stuff before, but would and will not buy anything because of the rating system and he has a negative with not an explanation.
I guess the system works! thanks OSO
Old 03-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

System phucked me pretty good....
Old 03-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spazboz
After he said I had to eat the shipping both ways, which is half the value of the purchase. There are no usable parts for any of my boats in this unit. That is why I put it in the swap to see if someone else can put to use any of it.
I have an old r drive similar to what you bought, that has been leaned against the shop for a year...Nobody will even steal it, and it is complete.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.