Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Dishonest Used Car Lot - North Texas Autosports - http://www.ntxautosports.com >

Dishonest Used Car Lot - North Texas Autosports - http://www.ntxautosports.com

Notices

Dishonest Used Car Lot - North Texas Autosports - http://www.ntxautosports.com

Old 07-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

If your still in the market for a truck I'm in flower mound and could take you down to auctions some time. They run tues, weds, Thurs. small fee over costs plus tt&l is all I would ask since I wouldn't have to be out my pocket on it for long or have to inventory it.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
The comparison to Fast and Loud was only because I found it ironic that the same excuse was used on a show two weeks after I ran into the same excuse.

If you know of a bank that will finance a vehicle without a title, let me know.

As for this being a joke, look around at some of the complaints and warnings on this site. Someone made a verbal agreement, and then didn't deliver and they get hung out to dry.

I made a deal with this place, I was going down two days after making the deal to pick up the truck. They said they couldn't find the title, which the bank needed to fund the loan. He tells me he has the title for ever other truck they had. No help to me there. For two weeks he said they were trying to find it, then they sell it to someone else.

To me, that seems a little shady. If they had said "hey no way we can get a title, so this will have to be a cash sale only", then I would have excepted that answer and walked away. Obviously I'm not in the car dealer business, so I don't know all of the tricks of the trade, but it seems like getting a replacement title if this one was truly lost wouldn't have been that difficult. If a dealer can legally sell a vehicle in TX without any title at all, and that was what they were doing, then they should had stated this so I would know to walk away instead of calling them every day for two weeks.

Obviously there are two sides to every story, and I would LOVE to hear theirs. The closest I got on that was from the sales guy stating he was stuck in the middle on this and trying to get the title for the bank.

Was it possible that the title was truly lost? Certainly, it could have easily gotten put in a wrong folder, left on a desk, any number of things. If so, why not replace it and let's close this deal?

Personally I think the sales manager didn't like the deal and stalled until they found a new buyer. That's my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

As for this beware post, take it or leave it. If you want to do business with these folks, go right ahead, hopefully it works out great for you. If you want one person's experience with them, then here it is.
sorry but you dont have a leg to stand on here ..you had no dep on the vech ..now look at it from there side who drives an hour and doesnt leave a dep ..if you truely were serious a $100.00 would have got you a contract ..most dealers have many salesmen they dont all know what the other guys are doing ..lets say the guy you delt with was out the next day and another saleman sold the car truck ""how in the world is he to know ..theres no contract no paperwork ..i say its your own fault you want it leave a dep
Old 07-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the offer JDP, I might take you up on it this fall.

Check the original post Smokin'. I drove it and it needed some work and they were going to call me when it was fixed so I could go back and check it out. I called two weeks later, and they said it was fixed. We worked out a price on the phone and I called my bank to line up the financing. I was going down to buy it in three days, and they said nothing about wanting a deposit to hold it. I would have gladly put one on a card or via paypal.

They sent all of the paper work to buy it to my bank except the title. Its a two salesman shop, if the other guy had sold it, then why the run around? Tell me and be done with it.