Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Dishonest Used Car Lot - North Texas Autosports - http://www.ntxautosports.com >

Dishonest Used Car Lot - North Texas Autosports - http://www.ntxautosports.com

Notices

Dishonest Used Car Lot - North Texas Autosports - http://www.ntxautosports.com

Old 04-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dishonest Used Car Lot - North Texas Autosports - http://www.ntxautosports.com

I had brought this up a while back with no details until I explored what legal options (if any) I had. Since I have none, I will go ahead and reveal the company name and situation. My advice is to avoid these guys like the plague.

I went to look at a truck they had, and took it for a test drive. It had some wheel noise that they said they would check out and fix and call me once that was done. A week later I call them since they hadn't called me, and they say yep, its fixed. Since I already had looked it over, and liked it, we went back and forth, and agree on a price over the phone (their location is over an hour away) and they send the necessary paperwork to my bank to finish up the financing so i can pick it up that week. (I was already approved at the bank before I made the offer) The bank gets everything needed except a copy of the title, which the dealer says he will find and send over. Two weeks of phone calls from myself and the bank, and all we get are excuses from the dealer saying they are still trying to "find" the title. After two weeks of getting the run around I check their website again (I was checking it daily) and they have sold the truck. So obviously the deal we made was too cheap, and they kept stalling hoping I would walk, and when I didn't, they sold it to someone else, even though my bank had a signed purchase agreement from them.

A funny side note, a few weeks later I was watching Fast and Loud, and Richard (main character of the show if you haven't seen it) ran into the same issue. He flew up to Montana (I thnk) and made a deal with a guy for two Shelby Mustangs, and a few weeks later, the guy gives the same excuse, he can't get the titles.

If you can't make the deal, man up and say so. I actually would have gone higher on the truck had they not accepted the offer I made. But instead of trying to work with me, they lied about it until they could find another buyer.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You may be better off you didnt get it. The dealer is required to have possesion of the title on location to list the vehicle for sale. If he was reluctant to give it up, it may have been a salvage title. Your bank would not loan nada value on it.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Katanna
You may be better off you didnt get it. The dealer is required to have possesion of the title on location to list the vehicle for sale. If he was reluctant to give it up, it may have been a salvage title. Your bank would not loan nada value on it.
Not in Texas
Old 04-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn . Did Paul give you the number for P.M. Standley ,Standleys direct # I gave him to give you ? In Addison, I don't know how he does it , nobody does , only game in town for top shelf late models at basically dealer wholesale . Msg. Me if you are still looking for a truck and ill send you the info myself
Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
I had brought this up a while back with no details until I explored what legal options (if any) I had. Since I have none, I will go ahead and reveal the company name and situation. My advice is to avoid these guys like the plague.

I went to look at a truck they had, and took it for a test drive. It had some wheel noise that they said they would check out and fix and call me once that was done. A week later I call them since they hadn't called me, and they say yep, its fixed. Since I already had looked it over, and liked it, we went back and forth, and agree on a price over the phone (their location is over an hour away) and they send the necessary paperwork to my bank to finish up the financing so i can pick it up that week. (I was already approved at the bank before I made the offer) The bank gets everything needed except a copy of the title, which the dealer says he will find and send over. Two weeks of phone calls from myself and the bank, and all we get are excuses from the dealer saying they are still trying to "find" the title. After two weeks of getting the run around I check their website again (I was checking it daily) and they have sold the truck. So obviously the deal we made was too cheap, and they kept stalling hoping I would walk, and when I didn't, they sold it to someone else, even though my bank had a signed purchase agreement from them.

A funny side note, a few weeks later I was watching Fast and Loud, and Richard (main character of the show if you haven't seen it) ran into the same issue. He flew up to Montana (I thnk) and made a deal with a guy for two Shelby Mustangs, and a few weeks later, the guy gives the same excuse, he can't get the titles.

If you can't make the deal, man up and say so. I actually would have gone higher on the truck had they not accepted the offer I made. But instead of trying to work with me, they lied about it until they could find another buyer.

Truck wasn't meant to be.....maybe you were their backup offer!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Are there any honest car lots anywhere?
Old 04-26-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Did the dealer have a signed purchase order from you, and did you give them a deposit?
Old 04-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Did the dealer have a signed purchase order from you, and did you give them a deposit?
Classic......ask a hard question and "crickets"......My buddy in the car business loves to say "buyers are liars"
Old 04-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear about that! If I remember right this particular car dealer is on a TV show right now called "Texas car wars".
Old 04-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not a hard question at all. I have just been too busy to get back on here.

No, they had nothing signed from me either. As I said, we agreed to the price over the phone, and my bank called them to get the paperwork to complete the loan, so I would like to think they would see that as a serious offer.

I had driven over an hour to their loacation the week before to look at it, and called them to see if they had corrected the noise in the front end, even though they said they were going to call me, so I was showing what I felt to be genuine interest.

I made an offer, they accepted it, he even called it a "phone call handshake", they sent a signed sales agreement to the bank, and then suddenly they couldn't "find" the title. They had the title, they just changed their mind on the deal.

LOL, good point JS on me being their back up offer! I didn't think of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.