Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Sellers Beware!  Miami Credit Card Theft Ring Targets Boat Parts. >

Sellers Beware! Miami Credit Card Theft Ring Targets Boat Parts.

Notices

Sellers Beware! Miami Credit Card Theft Ring Targets Boat Parts.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sellers Beware! Miami Credit Card Theft Ring Targets Boat Parts.

A vibrant credit card theft ring is apparently trying to put together a high performance boat in the Miami / Hialeah area. An individual using the name, David Del Valle or Juan David Del Valle, Hispanic Male, is using stolen credit cards to fund his project. The phone numbers he's using are 786-457-2958 and 786-286-4865. He's also used the name "Joe." He claims to be building a 28' Jaws. He has in his possession a Speedmaster #3 drive, serial number B860527. Said drive has been added to the NCIC database as stolen property - recover with prejudice. He has signed for said property as David Del Valle and Joe Baez.

The subject works with a hispanic female who claims to be "Barbara "Babs" Gomez" and states the cards are in her name.

It is possible these names were assumed from a Facebook page.

The subject asks sellers to ship to "his" business, "Joe Tire" located at 10535 NW 27 Ave, Miami. The United States Secret Service, Wire Fraud Unit and the Miami-Dade Police Department are currently working the case. Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to IM me.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I swear I shipped a pair of sunglasses a few years back (when I was operating my retail web business) to that piece of $hit. I remember the business name. I ended up with a credit card charge back. That's what prompted me to look the address up in google maps/earth. So it would appear they have been doing this for a long time. I wonder why they have not been arrested yet. Stuff like this really pisses me off.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have no idea the hoops we had to go through to get law enforcement on this. Each agency kept passing the buck.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
You have no idea the hoops we had to go through to get law enforcement on this. Each agency kept passing the buck.
but speed or some other lame traffic stop and they're quick to prosecute.unbelievable.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
but speed or some other lame traffic stop and they're quick to prosecute.unbelievable.
Easy $$$ vs actual police work and investigating.

People like this need to be caught and then chained up in the swamp and left...
Old 07-19-2014, 07:35 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
MDPD will usually only take a business case if it's over 30k,,, under that and it's a ho-hum deal to them... I have a good friend that investigates Medicare Fraud and his agency won't look at any cases under 30 mil... hr currently has over 1 bil in case load in just 4 south Fla counties.. his first case was for 500 mil