Eddie Marine Exhaust Destroyed my 502's >

Eddie Marine Exhaust Destroyed my 502's

Notices

Eddie Marine Exhaust Destroyed my 502's

Old 08-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eddie Marine Exhaust Destroyed my 502's

After having my 502s rebuilt I decided to purchase new exhaust. I decided on Eddie Marine product, seen the name often in magazines and websites. My mechanic looked them over and though unfamiliar with them thought they looked good. Spent the money for a piece of mind, brand new exhaust WHAT COULD GO WRONG?????In a nut shell, the inside welds in the risers were bad, poorly welded, no quality check. Every time I flushed the engines, after shut down the trapped fresh water would syphon down into the heads and rotted them and the cam and other internals. Eddie Marine has a five year warranty which they finally honored after 9 months of discussions. They rewelded the bad welds and shipped them back? As for the damage, they basically told me to pound sand!!! Can you spell. PRODUCT LIABILITY... I Need a good attorney, [email protected]. Eddie Marine Products------caveat Emptor!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a bad issue with their "fusion coated" billet battery hold downs, after one season, fresh water only the color started popping off all over, called them...basically told me the same..pound sand...on a + note I have used their oil coolers and they have been great for the $$$$
Old 08-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Registered

Sorry for your experience. Bought my first EMI thunders with 16" risers for my 271 Fastech with a 502 in 2006. Ran it 4 years trouble free, sold it in 2010 and the guy that bought it is still very happy. Put them on my 336 in 2010 (2 sets) With extra high 16" risers and they are trouble free.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered

Some guys have all the luck...I must of had mine built on the new guys schedule. In fact, only 3 of the 4 risers were defective. Therefore only 3 heads were destroyed but both engines trashed nonetheless.....

Last edited by 38fountained; 08-20-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Wrong sequence
Old 08-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38fountained
Some guys have all the luck...I must of had mine built on the new guys schedule. In fact, only 3 of the 4 risers were defective. Therefore only 3 heads were destroyed but both engines trashed nonetheless.....
i have instaled many set,,never any issues...NEVER! But if you dont get to engine temps up around 160* they will sweat inside..
Old 08-21-2014, 05:30 AM
Registered

Well I don't think they were sweating If they had to re-weld them. My mechanic found
3 of them to be streamers...
Old 08-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scrap that junk then call Dave from IMCO MARINE once and your done
Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Registered

I had a problem with a billet air cleaner from Eddie Marine. My mechanic built a brand new 540 merlin and the billet air clearner (2 piece air cleaner with K & N filter) caused a catastrophic failure. The screws in the billet air clearner came loose due to a poor design. The 2 piece air cleaner was put together with a pacer holding the 2 pieces of billet together. The screws were never lock tighted to the spacer, therefore when the screw came loose so did the spacer. Also the screws on went into the spacer about 2 thread lenghts. The spacer went right down the carb destroying the motor.

I had to get a attorney involved but after about a year I got about half of money back. Eddie Marine was pain in the ass to deal with and they claimed nothing was there fault.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
scrap that junk then call Dave from IMCO MARINE once and your done
...or Eric at Teague Custom Marine. I can say that I had an issue with an IMCO riser, and was extremely happy with the handling of an exchange from both IMCO and Teague. I even got a follow-up call a couple weeks later to be sure that I was happy! You don't find customer service like that too much these days. Great operation!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Would you recommend the attorney?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.