Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   use of this section (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/319638-use-section.html)

mike tkach 10-30-2014 10:27 AM

use of this section

lately i have noticed quite a few threads that violate the posted rules for the use in this section.the last one clearly violated the rules.i am making this post in hopes that the site moderators will police this a little better.i know the mods don,t have time to read every post but hopefully they can find the time to check this section from time to time.as members it is up to us to follow the rules.they clearly state that this section is not for gripes with people,if you cannot show facts,you should not post here.

gunny 11-08-2014 01:08 AM

Mike, I AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT....to the very fullest. But looking back thru the posts, now you have to go back a couple pages bud, you will find that you and a hand full of about 9 people violate the written rules of this site more then any one person...I am not sure what has led you to posting your complaint on this abuse of the rules and regulations but again I couldnt agree with a more true statement, it's just your one of the last people I would have thought would have posted the comment..
Now you could take this post the wrong way, but I assure you arguing with ya about it or ANYTHING is the last thing I aim to be doing.. I'm not slamming ya, dogging on ya or anything of the sort. This site is great useful place to aquire some good parts at sometimes reasonable prices, and it's certainly a place to aquire loads of knowledge. but with that, its become a site that has no govering of post's and a free for all for many to post just about anything they see fit if they feel they were wronged by another. and sometimes, now going back several pages, some of those posts were not entirly acurate and were definatly taken way to far for any internet web site..again, I agree with your suggestion. but in the future, imo please include yourself in the proper use of the rules and regulations..I hope my comment comes across the right way, it is in respectful form and not meant to cause conflict..

Thanks
Gunny

mike tkach 11-08-2014 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by gunny (Post 4215950)
Mike, I AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT....to the very fullest. But looking back thru the posts, now you have to go back a couple pages bud, you will find that you and a hand full of about 9 people violate the written rules of this site more then any one person...I am not sure what has led you to posting your complaint on this abuse of the rules and regulations but again I couldnt agree with a more true statement, it's just your one of the last people I would have thought would have posted the comment..
Now you could take this post the wrong way, but I assure you arguing with ya about it or ANYTHING is the last thing I aim to be doing.. I'm not slamming ya, dogging on ya or anything of the sort. This site is great useful place to aquire some good parts at sometimes reasonable prices, and it's certainly a place to aquire loads of knowledge. but with that, its become a site that has no govering of post's and a free for all for many to post just about anything they see fit if they feel they were wronged by another. and sometimes, now going back several pages, some of those posts were not entirly acurate and were definatly taken way to far for any internet web site..again, I agree with your suggestion. but in the future, imo please include yourself in the proper use of the rules and regulations..I hope my comment comes across the right way, it is in respectful form and not meant to cause conflict..

Thanks
Gunny

just fyi,i do my best to follow the rules.we are all entitled to our opinions.

Griff 11-09-2014 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 4211444)
lately i have noticed quite a few threads that violate the posted rules for the use in this section.the last one clearly violated the rules.i am making this post in hopes that the site moderators will police this a little better.i know the mods don,t have time to read every post but hopefully they can find the time to check this section from time to time.as members it is up to us to follow the rules.they clearly state that this section is not for gripes with people,if you cannot show facts,you should not post here.

Mike, This is the first I noticed your post.
If you believe there is something posted here that should not be here, then hit the "report post" with a brief explanation.
Normally, as long as stuff posted in Beware & Stolen remains respectful and has merit, I will let it stay up.