Selling Your Boat? Use Cation When This Number Contacts You >

Selling Your Boat? Use Cation When This Number Contacts You

Notices

Selling Your Boat? Use Cation When This Number Contacts You

Old 04-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I've got over two hundred texts back and forth with some jack off craigslist spammer. I had a truck for sale and I've refered to it as a plane, boat, rv, ect at random and have changed the asking price every time he asked for it all of which went un noticed. I dragged part of the conversation so far he even told me to F off and I'd get the funds in hell lol. if I can figure out a way to copy an entire exchange its worth posting
Dave, there are a few free apps out there that will covert text conversations into text documents. I've used them several times in the past.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

ya know it sure seems like its an awful lot more work being a scammer then . . . . well . . . . getting a real job

Thanks for the reminder Tony . . . . gotta make some calls lol
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-04-2015, 03:42 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

When you live in a nice neighborhood like Lagos, a $1000us off one good scam will buy you a nice motorcycle and pay the years rent. They can afford to put in some time at the local internet cafe in hopes they get lucky once or twice a year. That's the sole reason a cashiers check ain't worth the paper it's written on any more...

But since you seem to have the right attitude for this, might I suggest reading more about the sport of Scam-Baiting. There is an online trophy room at 419eater.com where people share pictures of stupid things they have convinced scammers to do in hopes of getting paid. That sites founders almost succeeded in a getting a scammer executed back in 2007. Sent him north from his homeland to Chad, where he didn't speak the language, and... Well I won't ruin a good story, but read "Act One. Hanging In Chad" about 1/4 down the page. Super funny, was an actual NPR broadcast.

Enjoy your phishing

Last edited by kidturbo; 04-04-2015 at 03:57 AM. Reason: very little