Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
beware: Aftermarket Marine (amarket.com) >

beware: Aftermarket Marine (amarket.com)

Notices

beware: Aftermarket Marine (amarket.com)

Old 05-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny, I've been waiting for 2 weeks for parts from them. They keep saying they shipped it but it never comes and they never even charged my card. I tell them that and they say it's been shipped should be there today or tomorrow then they hang up.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

change your card number before they run it or notify bank
Old 06-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bowtie
Funny, I've been waiting for 2 weeks for parts from them. They keep saying they shipped it but it never comes and they never even charged my card. I tell them that and they say it's been shipped should be there today or tomorrow then they hang up.
I pretty much had the same experience every time I called. lets be honest.... you are not getting your order. if you do by the time they do ship it, after calling trying to get it tracked down, you will have spent more time dealing with them VS spending a bit more else where and the stuff you ordered shows up in a few days.

I blocked the payment and any future payments from them on my CC.
Took that money and applied it to a SEI lower unit for an OMC Cobra, bolted it all back together still need 1 O-ring that I pick up today. The current one is ok and probably fine but for $4 & 15 minutes of driving, I'm not gonna risk it.

I opened up my old lower and it was pretty bad, the pinion nut was basically rounded off from all the carnage. I couldn't get a wrench or anything in there to hold it. though about welding a bar to so I could break it loose, but that would be a pain in the ass and a bit difficult, ~10" deep in a 4.75" hole with a 1-3/16" shaft in the middle trying to hit a 1/4" tall nut.... could have also cut the case used vice grips and welded it back up but I don't have a TIG as my disposal. So i just ordered a SEI unit and bolted it all up, I was gonna hit the lake this weekend but other things came up so maybe next weekend...

looking back I should have just ordered a SEI unit, original idea, and called it a day. would have had the boat on the water 2 weeks after I pulled it not 3 months later.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I moved on from them too. Thing is they made a nice repair kit for gen 2 bravo sea water pumps. It came with wear plates so the housing doesn't have to be replaced. The impeller is cut down to make up for the wear plates. I just wanted an extra impeller for a customer that had this setup. It's a shame because they have good prices but unfortunately poor organization.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:51 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Some of the quality of parts are low also. I have no idea where they are getting the cut down impellers from unless they are shaving them down themselves. The buy in for that special impeller to be made is in the thousands and I am not talking about a couple thousands either..