Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Joe Brinsonat stitchwerkz Barenegat NJ SHORE UPHOLSTERY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/325834-joe-brinsonat-stitchwerkz-barenegat-nj-shore-upholstery.html)

Dtile 05-03-2015 10:02 PM

Joe Brinsonat stitchwerkz Barenegat NJ SHORE UPHOLSTERY

Joe Brinson at stitchwerkz Barenegat NJ

I have met many scammers and bad workmanship over the years but this guy and company takes the cake..
I had dropped off two pieces of work (actually my mom did since I was in hospital), a partial formula seat cover and a 4 ft padding that goes in between the seat..

To be quick and ill add picks at a later date, job cost 0ver 400.00 and nothing was done right. He wanted cash and all up front...
The padding that I asked to be shorten 4 inches due to shrinkage (I gave him old one and wrote on it "shorten 2 inches on both sides" and had it written in a email as well as speaking with him. was completed the excat the same size...and width was shorter. He used same foam.

The seat came out off Formula and I gave him specs they used, he stated he had same material (ha, not even close to formulas vinyl), had no piping as told it would and remains to be seen if it will hold up a year, the stitching looks like it is failing already.

This guy is located in Barnegat NJ, has been around to many places in the area, under the name SHORE UPHOLSTERY 11c now phone is 609 488 5083
Very arrogant man, wouldn't if look at pieces he messed up, stated not his problem, next time "send templates" again I gave him the old pieces

Goes by Joe Brinson <[email protected]> but has many alias llc's from what I have heard.
From what im told has have issues with many people AFTER I had taken my stuff there.

BEWARE

mike

Indy 05-04-2015 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dtile (Post 4299945)
He wanted cash and all up front...

I would have walked right there.

extras 05-04-2015 06:17 AM

Cash up front? Surely your kidding.

Awash 05-04-2015 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 4299981)

And +1

Speedracer29 05-04-2015 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 4299981)

Sage advice. I left a 50% deposit on an upholstery job and I'll be in court next week to get a court judgement for its return. The place that actually completed the job required no deposit (I supplied material) stating "we have your foam and backers, we have no doubt you'll be back with money when we call and tell you it's done."

jersey 05-04-2015 03:47 PM

Call Tropical canvas toms river nj they do all of mine and my friends work.
609-548-7181 Pedro

Craney 05-04-2015 05:09 PM

Is he on Rt.9 in a small strip mall?

High Cetane 05-05-2015 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Speedracer29 (Post 4300086)
Sage advice. I left a 50% deposit on an upholstery job and I'll be in court next week to get a court judgement for its return. The place that actually completed the job required no deposit (I supplied material) stating "we have your foam and backers, we have no doubt you'll be back with money when we call and tell you it's done."

Same circus, different clowns for me next week as well, Speedracer. Just another Southern NJ canvas guy, similar situation to the OP's, out to screw people.
Thief took cash deposit and suddenly became "too busy" to complete my console's cover last August.
I did the Judgment thing in Civil court....won that, but still no "refund".
So, I signed 2) theft by deception charges...and now he gets to explain himself to a Criminal Court judge next week.
Prosecutor has the Civil Judgment info, the thief's texts, (among other things) claiming "too busy" "I'll pay you back" "Sorry Bro" and the written/signed contract (with completion date).
If he shows, he pays.....if he doesn't show, well, that would be his biggest mistake yet, according to the Trooper that took the complaint.
I wish you luck SR29.

Dtile 05-05-2015 11:52 PM

yes.

Dtile 05-05-2015 11:57 PM

True...I rushed it and didn't ask around. my regular woman up in NY has a two month waiting list and since my boat for sale this guy claimed he would have done in a week.. Again, I was in hospital, lung cancer, and was unable to really deal with this guy. I found FL has a lot of shadiy bizness people, not not as many around LBI where I live.