Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Any ever hear/use an outfit called Auto Square Consign?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/331416-any-ever-hear-use-outfit-called-auto-square-consign.html)

Wally 10-06-2015 03:45 PM

Any ever hear/use an outfit called Auto Square Consign??

Somewhat boating related as im talking with a person about a boat they have for sale but i get an uneasy feeling...they say the boat is located with this outfit in their "warehouse"....that i CAN come look at it if i wanted to and that shipping is PAID FOR up to 1000 miles.......just seems a bit too good.....looking for any info...

racinfast002 10-06-2015 03:56 PM

I bought my boat from a broker who had it in a warehouse (not their store front), it was made available to me for a water test before I paid for it. If you think the boat isn't real, then get the seller to send you a picture of it with something written on a piece of paper. For example "This photo was taken on todays date for Wally"

htb 10-09-2015 10:14 AM

LOL , who was the person that contacted you back? Curious, as i have also had communications as well, and what a story.

htb 10-09-2015 10:22 AM

Bottom line Auto Square Consign is a SCAM. The "locations" they say there warehouse's are don't exist( google street view), the same person that emails you about the killer "deal" is the same person that is on their websites "livechat". All the reviews on the web are fake. No one answers their phone number except an automated response that's a dead end. bunch of clown scammers

Wally 10-13-2015 08:41 AM

Yeah i didn't bother with them….i tried the "chat" and no one ever answered. The posting was on craigslist from Kansas….when i contacted them through craigslist it came back like it was the owner of the boat but he told me that they bought a new one and dropped off the boat with them (auto square consign) and they were handling the deal and it would go through them….he did say i can go see it any time i wanted to though so thats what threw me for a loop...

JRider 10-13-2015 08:52 AM

Ocm?

Rattlesnake Jake 10-13-2015 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by htb (Post 4364238)
Bottom line Auto Square Consign is a SCAM. The "locations" they say there warehouse's are don't exist( google street view), the same person that emails you about the killer "deal" is the same person that is on their websites "livechat". All the reviews on the web are fake. No one answers their phone number except an automated response that's a dead end. bunch of clown scammers

Yepp. I almost bit on a 22 Cat back in the spring till I did a GOOD search.
Came up with this;
Fake Russian Escrow Company . Targeting buyers of high dollar items on Craigslist, kijiji and other classified ad sites .
Using VoIP Telephones, these scammers pretend to be located in the USA, Canada and the UK . They run ads for rediculously low priced items and then try to entice you into buying these fake items with their FAKE ESCROW SERVICE .

Wally 10-13-2015 02:34 PM

Yep that's what it says on the website....US Canada and UK......and they clearly say they want a wire transfer to a UK based account number to avoid any kind of service/transaction fee's......more like to avoid letting you get your money back!!

buffyk 10-19-2015 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 4365587)
Yeah i didn't bother with them….i tried the "chat" and no one ever answered. The posting was on craigslist from Kansas….when i contacted them through craigslist it came back like it was the owner of the boat but he told me that they bought a new one and dropped off the boat with them (auto square consign) and they were handling the deal and it would go through them….he did say i can go see it any time i wanted to though so thats what threw me for a loop...

I did the same thing. Did everything I could to verify this business, BBB, online, etc. I even went as far as contacted the bank they provided in the communications. I also contacted the realtor who had this "address" for lease. Never could I verify anything about this company. I had asked for the title but could not get it. The "seller" provided the VIN but there's no guarantee it was for a truck for sale. The "seller" said they bought a boat through them previously and then had a truck to sell since they bought a new one. Totally the same story. I contacted the seller and told her I could not verify any information "she" got very irate and said "pardon me" and then "I am having the company cancel this transaction". Of course that's what I had on my mind anyway. Now...if I try to click the link the seller provided, I get an error that the proxy is unknown. It threw me off because it looked like she had a real email address, which it may be, but she was likely the one in control of the site as well. Glad I didn't fall for it and give $$. I wonder if there's a place to report this???

SB 10-19-2015 01:58 PM

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx