Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Buyer beware- 2005 fountain 42ft executioner in classifieds!!!! >

Buyer beware- 2005 fountain 42ft executioner in classifieds!!!!

Notices

Buyer beware- 2005 fountain 42ft executioner in classifieds!!!!

Old 12-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

The OP posted this because his money hasn't been returned.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I will say that price is not that low. I don't care what others are listed at I know what 2 very nice ones have sold for. Listed at and selling for are 2 very different things. That price is on par and slightly above the 2 05 42s I know of. One was whipped 525s and the other straight 525s and ultra clean. So don't go thinking its 40k below market. It's not!
Where?
Old 12-20-2015, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an '04 Ex with 166 original hours on it in mint condition with brand new custom paint and I would not want any less than 13x,000 if sold. Low hour used boats are not getting any easier to find since the down turn.

Just saying....
Old 12-20-2015, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you get your money back, bad deals are never a good taste.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWRIDE-388
I have an '04 Ex with 166 original hours on it in mint condition with brand new custom paint and I would not want any less than 13x,000 if sold. Low hour used boats are not getting any easier to find since the down turn.

Just saying....
Just adding to that, how many Fountain 42's have been built in the last 5 years? Going by a recent thread about Baja Marine (and its subsidiaries) I have doubts there will ever be another one made.

RR

P.S. Sorry, a bit off topic.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:46 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One more time what about the other boat you looked at????? At some point you probably get your money back but the other boat is a nice boat
Old 12-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

I bought my 33 AVS under almost identical circumstances also in California a few months ago and though I didnt really get totally screwed the seller outright lied about quite a few things. I found what appeared to be a mint 99 33avs in Temecula California (I'm in Michigan), price was fair, owner claimed it had a pair of hp500s that had 25 hours since brand new, NOT rebuilt and that boat was in "mint" condition, tons of pictures where boat looked absolutely beautiful. Seller insisted on a 5000$ deposit to hold the boat until my friend drove there to pick it up with agreement that boat was so nice IF we didnt agree he would refund the deposit. He had just lowered the price to where it was priced "right" and I felt IF I hesitated I would miss out. Sent him deposit, sent friend with my Duramax and gas money to go pick it up, friend thourghly inspected boat, found chips and gouges in gel coat under neath (looked like owner had just driven it onto rocky beach anytime he wanted to pull up), seller was FURIOUS that my friend brought up the fact it was chipped and gouged up underneath and refused to refund deposit as his west coast/Havasu mentaility was it was a completely normal thing with ANY boat. Ended up taking the boat vs giving up the 5000$, seller wouldnt budge on price and my driver was standing there with cashiers check in his hand so I said FUK it. I was skeptical on the hours on the motors , when I got possession of the boat and scanned them they actually had 145 hours on the ecu's, NOT 25 and one motor has seals all broken on it so its been apart for some reason. Pictures must have been old too because the interior is a 8 on scale of 1 to 10 and in pics was a 9.5. I really didnt believe the motors would be 25 hour deals, was gladthey didnt have 700 hours on them. THATS the problem with dealing with someone 2200 miles away, and guys will say anything to sell something. In the end I did a light skim on gelcoat underneath to keep it sealed until I could have a pro do itlike bhrand new. I also found a cracked prop blade but boat was propped wrong anyways, found original captains call still installed but no y-pipes so would have been catastrophic IF it was turned on (seller insisted it worked). Overall happy with boat but again I bought it right so it wasnt end of the world. Had it been local I would have tried to get seller to come down on price a little more because of defects. FWIW, beware, Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 12-20-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
The boat seems to be priced about 40k below a similar year 42' with stock 525's. I would think that is due to some of the repair work needed. I don't think you will find another one anywhere near that price.

That's what I was thinking... I said "damn that's a heck of a deal"
Old 12-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ilemike
I agree, it is priced less. I didnt expect perfection but don't want to go thru major repairs before I even use it.
Well, it is winter... And you're in Chicago... If I were you, I woulda bought the boat. Brought it home. Had someone local or not so local (Syracuse ny if you so decide) to fix the bottom of the boat and have it ready for spring for you! I mean... It is December you're not going to use it anyways between now and spring... And some gel coat repair isn't the end of the world for a boat that's priced highly lower than other boats...
Old 12-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
I bought my 33 AVS under almost identical circumstances also in California a few months ago and though I didnt really get totally screwed the seller outright lied about quite a few things. I found what appeared to be a mint 99 33avs in Temecula California (I'm in Michigan), price was fair, owner claimed it had a pair of hp500s that had 25 hours since brand new, NOT rebuilt and that boat was in "mint" condition, tons of pictures where boat looked absolutely beautiful. Seller insisted on a 5000$ deposit to hold the boat until my friend drove there to pick it up with agreement that boat was so nice IF we didnt agree he would refund the deposit. He had just lowered the price to where it was priced "right" and I felt IF I hesitated I would miss out. Sent him deposit, sent friend with my Duramax and gas money to go pick it up, friend thourghly inspected boat, found chips and gouges in gel coat under neath (looked like owner had just driven it onto rocky beach anytime he wanted to pull up), seller was FURIOUS that my friend brought up the fact it was chipped and gouged up underneath and refused to refund deposit as his west coast/Havasu mentaility was it was a completely normal thing with ANY boat. Ended up taking the boat vs giving up the 5000$, seller wouldnt budge on price and my driver was standing there with cashiers check in his hand so I said FUK it. I was skeptical on the hours on the motors , when I got possession of the boat and scanned them they actually had 145 hours on the ecu's, NOT 25 and one motor has seals all broken on it so its been apart for some reason. Pictures must have been old too because the interior is a 8 on scale of 1 to 10 and in pics was a 9.5. I really didnt believe the motors would be 25 hour deals, was gladthey didnt have 700 hours on them. THATS the problem with dealing with someone 2200 miles away, and guys will say anything to sell something. In the end I did a light skim on gelcoat underneath to keep it sealed until I could have a pro do itlike bhrand new. I also found a cracked prop blade but boat was propped wrong anyways, found original captains call still installed but no y-pipes so would have been catastrophic IF it was turned on (seller insisted it worked). Overall happy with boat but again I bought it right so it wasnt end of the world. Had it been local I would have tried to get seller to come down on price a little more because of defects. FWIW, beware, Smitty
I have bought boats off the left coast, right coast, Texas, etc, and I ALWAYS have a survey done, before any cash is exchanged, (including deposits) ..... And I ALWAYS seatrial every boat before the final money transaction takes place. I'm a super busy guy, (work has been crazy busy for about 3 years now....) But I always make the time to put my hands on my boats, before they become my boats.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.