Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Buyer beware- 2005 fountain 42ft executioner in classifieds!!!! >

Buyer beware- 2005 fountain 42ft executioner in classifieds!!!!

Notices

Buyer beware- 2005 fountain 42ft executioner in classifieds!!!!

Old 12-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had a 40 foot powerboat bottom redone due to very similar issues. It cost me less than 5K, and the work was great. To get it done for that price, I was lucky enough to have some boat builders in Miami work on it in their evenings.... BUT, if the boat is not for you, then pass, there are other boats out there just waiting to be bought.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
cmon guys you are defending the seller? he says great condition in the ad
Actually says "excellent" condition which is misleading if the hull needs gel work as described.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Registered

id like to seen this boat. It looks dam clean in the pics. I wish buyer would ha be shot the problem areas. He's talking about. Darn it. Cell phones take awesome pics too.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ilemike
I flew out from Chicago and flew my mechanic in from Alabama. Myself, mechanic and seller were all there at same time. We looked at it and drove it. After we left, I sat down with the mechanic to discuss his findings. I don't like to bash vehicles in front of owners.
99.9% sure I know who your mechanic is and I would trust his opinion 110%

Last edited by Diamond Dave; 12-19-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think I would buy any PERFORMANCE boat with coring that was missing gel down to the fiberglass. I mean if it was worn off due to beaching or rubbing on a trailer or shore station that is one thing - re spray it and be done. Done that a few times. BUT - Gel missing because of damage, delamination or collision - I am going to run away as fast as I can.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:35 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about the other boat you looked at???
Old 12-19-2015, 10:13 PM
Registered

Gel coat fix is not a big deal. Very simple . Chunks to scrapes. Not that big of a deal. I think that boat is prices right. I'm starting to think I might want it lol. Post those pics of the problems you saw
Old 12-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Registered

I really don't think we're talking about collision work here. , I don't think this should get blown into something it's not. We've yet to see any pics. I understand the if u want to buy. Or don't want to buy. But to start a thread as beware about a boat. Claiming problems. Show them , we've seen no evidence of major damage. Collision or drove up on the road. Lol.not saying there isn't but to warrant this thread pics should have been also included. Not just ones findings. Some people expect perfect everything but only want to pay for used up. That's the new day in age , that boat in my opinion from the pics looks looks dam nice. At a very discounted price. Without seeing this MAJOR damage worn out interior. I'm not going to punish this boat. Or flag it as a boat that been in collision Ect. Many people read theese threads. This boat is now marked as a piece of chit. To me it's just unfair. For no visual for us to judge as third party. Just saying. Not saying it hasn't been in collision either. ?
Old 12-20-2015, 07:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Totally agree with the above ^^^ but it sounds like the op doesn't have any photos so unless the owner is an OSO reader and jumps on here, we ain't gonna see any!

Are you out there Mr Ron Belk?

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 12-20-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I will say that price is not that low. I don't care what others are listed at I know what 2 very nice ones have sold for. Listed at and selling for are 2 very different things. That price is on par and slightly above the 2 05 42s I know of. One was whipped 525s and the other straight 525s and ultra clean. So don't go thinking its 40k below market. It's not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.