Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
"Bob" from Dearborn.  Anybody else he is harassing about boat for sale? >

"Bob" from Dearborn. Anybody else he is harassing about boat for sale?

Notices

"Bob" from Dearborn. Anybody else he is harassing about boat for sale?

Old 05-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually after the poker run at lake Cumberland people stop by and make me bayliner price offers for mine and argue about it. Drives me nuts
Old 05-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
That's about as lame as it gets.
...yep, and he probably has a big Ed Hardy graphics wrap designed for his new boat lol.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by turbo2256b
Usually after the poker run at lake Cumberland people stop by and make me bayliner price offers for mine and argue about it. Drives me nuts
So does that mean you wont take the $30K I was going to offer you for your Apache? That's almost $1000 a foot man lol.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I had another email warrior offer me 18k and made the mistake of asking what I though about it. Told them I thought it was 6k too low haha. They replied that there is a "much nicer" one for 22k. I asked them how the heck can you tell it's much nicer since you have never seen mine in person? The reply: "Well it isn't green." GFYS! If you don't like the color, why are you bothering me? At least Bob was offering 20k haha. I tend to throw or give more stuff away that I could get $50-100 bucks out of just because I hate dealing with Craigslist A-holes.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Banned

Yourself is one word.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo2256b

I tell you what I am going to do for you!

This site is littered with stories of guys who have ended up divorced over boats, full of people who have been taken advantage of when buying parts for boats, there's story after story of people getting ripped off for thousands, tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars over boats. All kinds of first hand information of these boats ruining peoples lives.

i don't want you to have to suffer such pain. such hardship, such unwarranted destruction and disillusionment in your life. I'm a good human being, I want YOU to be HAPPY and successful in your life!!

I care about your happiness so much that i am willing to take the life wrecking, finance ruining and relationship destroying boat off your hands for free! Without charging you a red cent, I am going to relieve you of your misery right here and right now because that's the kind of guy I am!!!

Last edited by phragle; 05-09-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds like the azzbag that kept calling about my Tantrum a few years back. He started with a lowball offer and I told him no thanks. He called again and I still said no. Finally one day he called and said "Are you ready to deal on the boat?" I told him I've been ready, but if you plan on offering me the same ridiculous price then hang the phone up and don't call back. He was using the same tactics I'm seeing in here. He posted this Tantrum on some auction repo site that was listed for about $21k (or something like that). He kept talking about it being nicer than mine for a lot less. I told him he would have bought that one then if it was truly nicer for that price. I can't say for sure, but I think he was from Michigan.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 570 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
I had another email warrior offer me 18k and made the mistake of asking what I though about it. Told them I thought it was 6k too low haha. They replied that there is a "much nicer" one for 22k. I asked them how the heck can you tell it's much nicer since you have never seen mine in person? The reply: "Well it isn't green." GFYS! If you don't like the color, why are you bothering me? At least Bob was offering 20k haha. I tend to throw or give more stuff away that I could get $50-100 bucks out of just because I hate dealing with Craigslist A-holes.
5 years ago I was shopping for a good used work truck, found what I wanted on the local used lot here. My past son had a really nice low milage 95 Cadilac lEldoradodo that I offered to trade in.

Guy told me he didn't want it , go crush it for 500 bucks the people who buy cars like that are too much of a pain in the Azzz to deal with.

Anyways I end up finding another truck at a different lot and want to get rid of the Cadilac and made the mistake of telling my dad I was going to drop it off to the Crusher.

So he made me put it on Craigslist. I wasted 20 hours of phone and meeting time with people who wanted or needed a 500 dollar car that was worth 2500 but didn't have 2 dollars to their name . Finally after 2 weeks I had enough and crushed it for 500.

Now trucks are another story. I put my old used Ford Ranger on Craigslist and I had a bidding war and race going of who could give me 1600 first for a 500 dollar truck.

Last edited by tommymonza; 05-10-2016 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Yourself is one word.

That's true but he may have meant 'your sister' which is two...

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm referring to what he may have said to the email warrior of course, not you!

Last edited by rak rua; 05-10-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by partlowr
...yep, and he probably has a big Ed Hardy graphics wrap designed for his new boat lol.
I'm thinking this is the boat for him... or, "if Ed Hardy had a Scarab"...

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/5500589297.html

Last edited by offshore312; 05-10-2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: left out info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.