Warning!! SCAMMER using OSO

Notices

Warning!! SCAMMER using OSO

Old 04-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning!! SCAMMER using OSO

I have a want to buy ad posted for E top headers in the appropriate section. I listed my phone number as a couple people have asked for that to contact me. Today- I was contacted by a guy that sent several pictures of CMI headers and asked a reasonable price. It seemed legit and he even provided me with his username of "Daniel475". After telling him I was interested, he started telling me he doesn't use PAYPAL because he was once scammed using it. He got really pushy telling me to pay via bank transfer- I at that point decided it was BS. I asked him to call and he had 50 reasons he could not. Just to test him I offered to come pick them up to save on shipping, but he said he will be in Greece and leaving asap.

I then contacted the REAL Daniel475 and he confirmed this guy was using his name as a front. We had a good laugh and I told the scammer that I sent the money to his account as he asked, and he is now trying to find it. Lol!

Anyhow, I didn't expect to come across a scammer from bangldesh (tracked IP) on offshore, because it's sort of a niche market. So buyer beware!

He was using the phone number of
865-590-9487, though I'm sure it will change.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

Tks and I assume you put in the be aware and stolen section also. That's complete BS. Everyday it seems there is another new scam going on. Wtf people work like the rest of us and apply yourself like you do with scams you may actually make a legit living and sleep better at night.

I have no place for people like this and will go to great lengths to track them down as others here will also. Tks again and I'd post in every section u can as some here have a tendency to use just a section or two.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Registered

Pliers and a blow torch? Pulp fiction.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Registered

deff was a good laugh ! glad I could help you out bud !
Old 04-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Registered

Problem now also is scammers and marketers can show local number calling or where ever they want you to assume they are calling from. Fkers!
Old 04-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Was good for a laugh! Too bad he was a POS, bc I was hoping for some headers. Lol
Old 04-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Tks and I assume you put in the be aware and stolen section also. That's complete BS. Everyday it seems there is another new scam going on. Wtf people work like the rest of us and apply yourself like you do with scams you may actually make a legit living and sleep better at night.

I have no place for people like this and will go to great lengths to track them down as others here will also. Tks again and I'd post in every section u can as some here have a tendency to use just a section or two.
I was really not expecting such a scam on something like E top headers, seems pretty in depth for one of those deals, but I'm glad I caught him!

Yes, pulp fiction style sounds good
Old 04-18-2017, 05:14 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

865 is Rochester, NY area. Edit: no it's not. I was wrong. Doh !

Thanks for the heads up. And congrats on smelling it out and not being taken !

I'd love to reach thru my computer screen and rip these scammer guys balls right off.

Last edited by SB; 04-18-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

585 is Rochester NY
Old 04-18-2017, 06:38 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by chefke
585 is Rochester NY
ooops. Now you know I'm old...Memory of a radio with no power to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.