Ford F-250 Superduty Stolen >

Ford F-250 Superduty Stolen

Notices

Ford F-250 Superduty Stolen

Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I have never had a bad experience with a police officer.
I've seen cops that have had a bad day but who hasn't had a bad day. It is a thankless job and I believe it has gotten worse for them in the last 5-10 years. Just watch an hour of "COPS" on TV and see the crap they deal with everyday and you would realize it is a crappy job. For those of you that think it is a cush job in good neighborhoods, this Palm Beach cop was fired for giving too many tickets to residents, among them a guy in a Ferrari going 83 in a 30.....53 over! Cop is let go for doing his job!

In January 2012, Palm Beach Police Officer William Eaton stopped NYC developer John Wallerstein after he allegedly clocked Wallerstein's Ferrari driving through Palm Beach at 83 mph -- 53 mph over the speed limit, Eaton's dashboard cam video of the stop was used in defending him during the administrative proceedings surrounding his firing. Why was he fired? He allegedly wrote too many tickets to Palm Beach residents. By the way, Wallerstein's ticket was dismissed. Since Eaton had been fired, he didn't show up for the trial.

https://vimeo.com/63505695
Guy asks the cop for a break because he is lives in Palm Beach......"Can I get a courtesy on this one?"
Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sydways....just to add to your list in NYC alone in the last 5 years....PO Wenjen Liu, his partner Rafael Ramos, PO Peter Figosky, PO Brian Moore, PO Randolph Holder, and SGT Tuozollo. Those are just some that passed. Many more shot and stabbed.
I can tell you the majority of cops do NOT like writing summonses although some do. It's part of the job. If you come in with too little you get crappy assignments, denied days off, and a bad yearly evaluation.....try moving to another unit with a bad eval. Speaking of days off where did you spend the last 9 christmases? 9 thanksgivings? My last 9 christmases were in the Bronx. 8 out of my last 9 thanksgivings were in the Bronx as well, among most other holidays. Ever spend 8&1/2 hours in a car with no heat when it's 20 degrees out? Ever watch a coworker get stabbed in the neck and not be able to beat the balls off the guy after he did it and then get sued anyway? I could go on for hours here. Yes we signed up for it but at the same time people hate cops because "they didn't stop 100% at a stop sign" and got a ticket....well you violated the traffic law, that's how it works. Hate the law makers not the enforcers. We don't like a lot of the laws as well
Old 03-29-2017, 12:46 PM
Registered

And so everyone is aware, if someone stole my truck I would want to drown them slowly. I'm not denying it. But this is how it works......your vehicle gets stolen and the responding cops take a report. In NYC it does not even get forwarded to the detective squad. The cops don't go and look for it either, it could be anywhere. Miles away or even states away. An "alarm" is put on the plates and one on the vin #. If the plate happens to pass a car with a plate reader then those cops attempt to stop it. Usually they run. In NYC a car chase is usually called off within the first 2-3 minutes and that's not enough time for a broken down impala or a Ford Fusion hybrid (which is governed at 80mph) to catch it. No ramming or pit maneuvers allowed. When the car is recovered evidence collection team comes out and dusts for prints(if it was unoccupied). Either way when an arrest is made the individual gets charged with GLA(felony). And here is the kicker. In NYC there is a time limit in which the DAs office will try and prosecute GLA. (I think it's 12 or 24 hours). They will only charge joy riding(misdemeanor) and possession of stolen property(misdemeanor). The DAs office claims you can't prove they stole it, maybe their friend did and then lent it to them. And that's why your sh*t gets stolen.....because these people see no jail time
Old 03-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm sorry about your truck Frank. I wish you the best outcome in this situation. Dahililama thank you for your service.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:20 PM
Registered

Thanks bulletbob. Not looking for thanks tho. The real heros are our military!!! Just a little venting/trying to put things in perspective as well. It doesn't usually work like people think it does and I'm just trying to shed some light on that. Not taking anything away from the OP. I would lose it if my truck, or boat got stolen. There just isn't a massive manhunt for it. There isn't even massive manhunts for the majority of missing persons, make patrol units aware and hope they turn up alive