Buyer beware, Sunrise Cigarette listed >

Buyer beware, Sunrise Cigarette listed

Notices

Buyer beware, Sunrise Cigarette listed

Old 06-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation Buyer beware, Sunrise Cigarette listed

Not sure where I should post this, so if there needs to be other area's let me know. He has dropped the price, but I still feel I need to call it out. I went and looked at this boat last year. First of all, the pictures of the boat are 3 to 4 years old. It doesn't look no where near what the pictures show. The worst part of this deal is that the trailer is in awful shape. Unless they have replaced the trailer, you are going to spend $$ replacing the trailer. It was so bad, we didn't even test run the boat. The front beam on the boat trailer has been rusted so badly that the beam will break at some point. Only about an inch of steal holding it together. The boat in my opinion is not even close to being worth the asking price. Gonna need some tlc.

Beware.

Last edited by blewsmoke; 06-08-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

I am assuming you are talking about the 2003 TS with cobra power? If so, this guy selling it bought it from a hot rod shop in Northern Virginia about 4 years ago at a FIRE SALE PRICE which I believe to be somewhere in the $110-$115 range. I know this because I was trying to arrange financing (118k) when he bought it and immediately saw it relisted at some stupid price within a week of him picking it up. The trailer may be sh!t, but that boat is no joke and based on his description, he has not used it at all. The pictures in his ad are at least 4 years old and were taken by the guy he bought it from.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:23 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

This is not the first time that I have heard that this boat is not in immaculate condition as it is described.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

It really doesnt matter, nor is it anyone's business, what someone paid and what they are selling for. But if misrepresented in a listing then seller should be called on it. Remember there is a difference between opinion and facts when pointing a finger at someone.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good lookin out for others, blewsmoke. Buyers need to do their homework as well. The ad pics are really only meant to draw folks in.