Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of Billy Boats >

Beware of Billy Boats

Notices

Beware of Billy Boats

Old 06-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why didn't you just send it all back from day 1 ?
Old 06-17-2017, 08:45 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
Why didn't you just send it all back from day 1 ?
Well, that's the logical question right?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main issue was the coolers and covers. When I inquired about swapping them out for something in better condition he simply said send them back and I'll send you your money. Apparently there's a difference of opinion on what "them" is. Since the topic of discussion was the coolers and covers I thought that's what he meant by "them". I recall the original deal was $400 for 2 housings and $400 for 4 coolers and covers. Again I figured when I sent "them" back I'd get $400. Leaving me two housings for $400, not a bad deal. Once I got into cleaning up the housings, which was after the coolers were sent back, I realized that the housings needed work. I figured at a price of $400 for 2 housings I was in them at a fair enough price that I could make the investment to repair them and still be ok. As things would have it 2 weeks went by since the coolers and covers were delivered and in that time I had repaired the housings. Since everything was manageable to that point I figured the deal would eventually work out and no need for concern. After two weeks of him having the parts and no contact he finally responded to the 2nd inquiry and everything went south at that point. When he suggested sending everything back I told him I had already made the investment in repairing the housings and if he could help offset the cost of the new coolers and covers I'd appreciate it. I left the entire deal open ended at that point hoping to work out some type of fair resolution. I didn't expect him to buy me new coolers and covers and didn't even want any money back if he could simply send some parts in better condition. He didn't have any better parts, which I could understand, and when he simply said "send them back" I thought I was doing what he suggested. Apparently he got offended when I told him I thought I paid $400 for the coolers and covers and then decided he was no longer willing to do anything or at least that's how it seemed after not hearing from him for 2 weeks and him not responding to my messages. I don't understand why some think I should be willing to just give him back housings after I've made the repairs. They weren't supposed to need repairs in the first place. All he has to do is contact me and we'll come up with something between $100 and $400 and this will be over. Ball is in his court.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

EZ, you don't sound like an easy person to do business with.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:54 PM
Registered

LMFAO, I don't put up with B.S. Call that what you want. All the f'n guy has to do is contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. How difficult is that?

Last edited by ezrizer; 06-17-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrizer
LMFAO, I don't put up with B.S. Call that what you want. All the f'n guy has to do is contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. How difficult is that?
He has contacted you (in some way) through his earlier post.
I know nothing about him except a few small references on OSO but he sounds like a busy guy. He offered you 3 alternatives thinking it would put an end to this story. I understand he holds all the aces because he has some of the parts and all of the money. Meaning no disrespect to either of you, why not just take up one of the alternatives and move forward?

If you're fighting over principles, there will be no winner.
If you're fighting for an extra 1-200 bucks, your time is probably worth more than the effort.

Sadly, Judge Wapner passed away a few months ago because he could have solved this in 30 seconds.

RR
Attached Thumbnails Beware of Billy Boats-img_6905.jpg  
Old 06-17-2017, 08:45 PM
Registered

Here is my FINAL response to you . You are an irrational person.
these are the original pictures that I sent you . There is NO visible corrosion on these bellhousings or cooler covers. You have some nerve saying that I misrepresented the condition in any way .
You had the parts for over 2 weeks before you contacted me to say the parts were "un usable". But you neglected to say that you had someone blast the **** out of them with a course media. Now you took them apart , damaged them by blasting , sent back some of the parts but missing hardware, attempt to defame me, question my character , try to derail the sale of my boat...... You expect me to work this out? Now that's some funny ****.
I gave you a package deal on all the parts., If you threw the covers in the garbage,the bell housings and coolers ( which are in perfect condition) are worth 4 times your total purchase price . This is not a matter of me misrepresenting condition or my unwillingness to resolve , it is a matter of you purchasing USED parts with unrealistic expectations then expecting money back for only the parts of a package that in your ultimate experience deem not to be worthy of use on your boat. If you had a question of these parts you should have contacted me right away before blasting the 4 covers and 2 anodized bellhousings. I have every text you have sent me including when you notified me that " 2 of the COOLERS to too far gone for use". So tell me how they are un usable. They are stainless steel so they aren't rotted, they hold 100 lbs of pressure over night, they have never been on an engine with a failure. So why are they unusable ??????????
Still I take the high road and tell you to send all the parts back for a full refund, but you have also done repairs to the bellhousings . Buddy you own them.
I will send the coolers and covers back to you Monday and will post the tracking number on OSO for all to see. I won't return any money out of principle. $100, $400, $900 ,$9000 or $90,000 would not affect 1 min of my life. Nor do I have the time in my busy life to bicker with you .
Attached Thumbnails Beware of Billy Boats-img_0115.jpg   Beware of Billy Boats-img_0117.jpg   Beware of Billy Boats-img_0118.jpg  

Beware of Billy Boats-img_0119.jpg   Beware of Billy Boats-img_0120.jpg  

Last edited by billy boats; 06-17-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
why not just take up one of the alternatives and move forward?RR
The last sentence from my response to his post "You have the money and parts, refund whatever you think is fair and we'll move on"

Irrational?

Last edited by ezrizer; 06-18-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrizer
The last sentence from my response to his post "You have the money and parts, refund whatever you think is fair and we'll move on"
He's already told you in the post 2 above yours that he would refund $100. (Presumably because he thinks that's fair)
Me thinks you're having too much fun talking about it.....

Note to self RR, click the little drop down box "thread tools", select option "unsubscribe from this thread" and enjoy OSO.
You won't have to read anymore posts from me, I promise.

Sincerely
Jon.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:22 AM
Registered

Here's the housings after the anodizing was removed. Not a grain of sand touched these, if that's what caused the damage the entire area would look the same. They were blasted with extra fine glass media to remove the remaining corrosion from the heavily pitted areas so they could be welded. The blasting didn't remove any base metal.
Attached Thumbnails Beware of Billy Boats-1.jpg   Beware of Billy Boats-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.