Beware of Billy Boats >

Beware of Billy Boats

Notices

Beware of Billy Boats

Old 06-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Billy Boats

William "Billy" Carroll aka Billy Boats. Had a recent bad experience purchasing used parts that were not as described. After discussing the issues he told me to return the parts and he'd refund the money. He had the parts back for 2 weeks before acknowledging that he had them. Unfortunately he still has the money also and won't return any further messages. Very nice to talk too but a very slippery individual. If you're considering dealing with him be very, very specific, assume nothing and proceed at your own risk. By all means do not send him money as a gift via paypal.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know Billy Boats very well and there is another side to this story, which I know but will leave to him to tell if he so chooses. Maybe this deal didn't quite turn out the way you expected and maybe you have something to do with that, but you are way off base calling him a "very slippery individual". He just spent the last two years building my home and in all that time, there was NEVER a single minute that I questioned his integrity and we're talking about VERY substantial amounts of money here. He's a good friend and I would trust him with my life.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^ WOW, 2 years to build a home, how many sq ft???
Old 06-09-2017, 06:07 AM
Registered

Default Billy Boats

Glad it worked out for you. Yes much more to the story. Bottom line is he has 1/2 the parts and all of the money. As far as me having to do something with the situation my contribution was trusting him that I would get parts with no corrosion (his words) and that was not the case. Some of the parts I figured I could make work with some repairs. The others I wasn't comfortable with. When I asked if he had any other parts that he could exchange he said no but send them back and he'd return the money. I did sent the corroded parts back and after a couple weeks and a couple messages he finally said I thought you were sending everything how much do you want? The original deal was broken down on a $/ part basis that we both recalled so I asked for the value of the items returned. He then tried to make it sound like he was already making me such a great deal on the parts I kept as if I should be happy even if the other stuff wasn't going to work. He said send everything back and he'd return the full amount. I advised him that I had already invested quite a bit repairing the items I kept because I needed to keep my project moving. I told him I was at his mercy as he had the parts and the money and any help offsetting the cost of the new parts I had to buy to replace the unuseable parts would be appreciated. He never responded and after a couple more attempts to reach him over the next couple weeks have been unsuccessful. He originally asked me to send the money via PayPal as a gift which I did. Trusting him I did what he asked which means he got the money without paying the fee and I have no recourse to challenge a gift. To recap, he has half the parts that I returned at my cost, all the money, and I have no recourse. I'd say that's pretty slick.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
^^^^^ WOW, 2 years to build a home, how many sq ft???
A lot!
Old 06-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Obviously, I only know what I've been told and I won't comment further on that because it's not my story to tell. I am only disputing your comments with respect to his character. I've known him for years before he built my house; he's NOT a shady guy and believe me, he doesn't need your money. Billy is not the type of person that belongs in the Beware and Stolen section. Hope you guys can find a resolution.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Registered

Default Billy Boats

HyFive, if you feel that strongly about his character and he's that good of a friend then please reach out to him and have him contact me to conclude our dealings. He currently has the parts and the money so no matter how you look at it that's not a fair deal. The entire situation is unfortunate but at this point my only recourse is to post my experience. If we can reach a fair compromise I'll be glad to conclude this thread with those facts as well or ask to have it removed all together.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rattlesnake jake
^^^^^ wow, 2 years to build a home, how many sq ft???
Old 06-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by otis311
Close, you're just missing a zero, Otis.
Attached Thumbnails Beware of Billy Boats-img_3148.jpg  
Old 06-13-2017, 09:17 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
Close, you're just missing a zero, Otis.
Is that you, dad ?

Congratulations !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.