Notices

Beware endeavour32

Old 09-12-2017, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

SB I just now recovered from your post����.. now that is someone that got screwed on the refurbish lol.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Registered

What's up with the question marks!!!! My laughing mojies failed to appear
Old 09-12-2017, 08:16 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by 90viper
What's up with the question marks!!!! My laughing mojies failed to appear
OSO 2007/2017 One year used.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Here is the scoop on the carb.

I had a Quick Fuel Q-950 for sale. There was a guy looking to trade his dom for a 950 or 1050, 4150. I had the Q-950 for sale for a while and wasn't getting a lot of action on it. So I thought I could possibly sell the Dom easier and help out the guy with what he wanted. Win-win.

I was told the carb was a year old, as in it was used for a year and that nothing was wrong with it, just too big for his engine. So I did the swap with him. When I got it, I looked it over, pulled the bowl and inspected it. Made sure the model number was current, and listed it. If anyone has ever looked at a build date on a carb, they make no sense. It wasn't until Viper complained that I learned how to somewhat read them.

Moving on, I sold the carb to Viper, after he got it he claimed it was an 88 and was a piece of junk, and it wasn't at all current and way different than a new model. I offered to take it back, but was not going to eat the shipping. He refused, he wanted 100% of his money back. I called Holley, they said it is 100% current and there is zero different between what was sold to him and a new one.

Recently I saw a Merc 900SC set up for sale, it was a 99 and it had dominators on it and the air bleeds were not removable and it had the old riased lip venturis. This was a 99, so how could the carb I sold him be an '88 as claimed, or even a 98? That left a 2008. If it was used for a year, who cares when the build date was, it's the current issue carb. Now I see he is claiming the accelerator pump arm is bent. This is the first I've heard of this.

Now lets continue. Viper goes to sell it. In his description, he says that he bought the carb from me, that he got screwed, and the carb is junk! Yes, this was his description, and he wonders why nobody has offered to buy it? Come on! I will say, there is nothing wrong with it, and it is completely fine. I have nothing else to say on this issue.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phatmat83
I bought some heads from him a couple years ago. Was told they were "very low hour" take offs (literally told me 45 mins to an hour run time). When I got them, it was obvious that they had way more run time on them. Way more. After questioning him, he said he would have to contact the previous owner of these heads to get me any more info. Turns out they were "very old heads" that had "new" valves, guides, springs, etc installed with 45 mins to an hour run time on them. I ended up having them completely rebuilt as the "new" parts that were installed were questionable at best. Guy wouldn't even respond when I asked for a refund, and offered to pay all shipping costs.

Are you Joe?

I was clear when I sold them, that I had bought them used and then decided they were too big for my 454s. I was told the engine was completely rebuilt and that the heads had practically no run time. That ad is long gone, or you could read it yourself, as in the original sellers ad. I was told that his head guy completely went though them and they were fine other than one set needing 3 new valves. If you buy something used and then resell it, all you can do is rely on the info you were given. I don't know which set you bought, but if you are Joe then you got the heads that I had the new valves put in. I know that set was 100% perfect because I had that set at the shop.

Last edited by endeavour32; 09-12-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Registered

Your digging a bigger hole for your self. I do not recall my ad stating it was junk!!!! Looks like I will need to post our pm and email communications to keep this post factual. I have been nothing but professional and
non insulting. The bent arm has been insignificant so not mentioned.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 90viper
Your digging a bigger hole for your self. I do not recall my ad stating it was junk!!!! Looks like I will need to post our pm and email communications to keep this post factual. I have been nothing but professional and
non insulting. The bent arm has been insignificant so not mentioned.
No insults here. There were several members that said if you wanted to sell your carb, that maybe you should change your condescending ad. Those were not my words, I don't think I ever commented on your ad. The actual words "junk" were not typed, but our ad was quite terrible if you are trying to sell something. Anyone reading it would take it as such. Continue on, I am done here.

For the record, if you would have been willing to pay for the shipping, you would have had your money back long ago.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Registered

You might possibly want to read your last paragraph on your 8:33 pm post today. I will start posting our emails and let readers decide. You keep telling me your done but I am not. I live in Houston and watching so many wonderful people doing incredible nice things for no other reason than it's the right thing.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

So viper wouldn't send it back unless endeavor paid the freight but endeavor wouldn't refund the money unless viper paid the freight.

Putting all the other issues aside, you guys are now arguing about the freight. What's the cost of the frieght? Surely you can agree on something, maybe 50/50? Just a thought so you can put this transaction out of it's misery.

I enjoy these warning threads when the two relevant parties are posting so keep going if you wish, I'll just look on and smile from a distance.

RR
Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Registered

Hello RR hope all is well abroad. It's really not about the freight anymore but more about my purchase experience with this seller. It's about doing the right thing for the right reason. What if this was a large misrepresented purchase. Enjoy and safe boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.