Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Beware endeavour32 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/349706-beware-endeavour32.html)

90viper 09-10-2017 04:30 PM

Beware endeavour32

Please read swap shop post 1050 Dominator Marine Carb $600. One year old Dominator 1050 marine carb model number 0-80340-1 .
It's in great shape. These are $1265 new at summit. $600 and its yours!
This carburetor has a build date 1188 which per Holley is built 1988,1998,and possibly 2008. It is not one year old as ad stated. Unable to resolve I started discussing my experience on his swap shop post he then sent me email offering to take it back if I deleted my post but I would have to pay back freight he paid for shipping to me and at my expense back to him then he would refund balance after he got carburetor in his possession. After I would not agree to his offer for I did not misrepresent the item he started attacking my character and demanding I do certain things THEN CLOSED POST. Please read the post for he agrees stamped build date 1188 and changes his story to one year of use. He offered to give me the guys name he got it from so I could talk to him Why???? I bought from endeavour32.
Speedgirl I think the post explains how I did not get what I paid for and seller is unwilling to make me whole. I also have email communications to further back up my beware. I will be happy to post photo of build date and email communications at your request.

phragle 09-10-2017 04:46 PM

your beef is just the age ? Or is it thrashed?

90viper 09-10-2017 05:13 PM

It is not what I purchased. It was an easy fix just return my money. Does it look older than a year yes. I never mentioned the accelerator pump arm being bent which is an easy fix and if only a year old as posted would have never addressed this discrepancy with seller. Over the last 35 years I have enjoyed owning, poker runs, racing offshore boats and people with the same passion. What if I were a young guy excited about riding and upgrading my offshore boat on a budget purchased an advertised 1 year old engine that when it gets to me I find out is 8 or more years old runs but is wore out. Now I am not enjoying this wonderful sport since I did not get what I bought and the seller will not return my money so I can purchase another motor.

vintage chromoly 09-10-2017 06:00 PM

Could it be that the carb body was cast in 2008 and wasn't purchased by the PO until a year or so ago?
To me, condition would trump production date as long as the part didn't change design over the years.
That said,
if I was the seller, I'd just refund you and have you send it back. Why make a brother keep something that doesn't meet his expectations?

post a couple pics of the carb.

Unlimited jd 09-10-2017 06:19 PM

So nothing wrong other than build date? Wow

bck 09-10-2017 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd (Post 4581517)
So nothing wrong other than build date? Wow

we're not talking a few months or even a year here, were talking 19 years old if a 98 build. That's a huge discrepancy. Certainly worth a refund if the buyer wants it. Can I sell my 10-20 year old boat as 1 year old then say well the bottom design is the same and its really clean? The seller screwed up by specifically stating it was a 1 year old carb when he didn't know. I know you wouldn't do that to someone then not offer a full refund.

COOPS 09-10-2017 08:06 PM

I don't know if a production date would be that big of a deal with me. The dominator is not a common carb now a days. They may only produce those body's once every 5 years.

I bought a set of props from him and they are perfect.

mike tkach 09-10-2017 09:39 PM

i will just keep my thoughts about this to my self because the last time i spoke the truth about it i got a time out for a week but i will say that some people will say anything to sell things and i won,t buy anything from people who lie to make a sale.with the swap shop i guess it is buyer beware these days.

mike tkach 09-10-2017 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by COOPS (Post 4581529)
I don't know if a production date would be that big of a deal with me. The dominator is not a common carb now a days. They may only produce those body's once every 5 years.

I bought a set of props from him and they are perfect.

i disagree,the dominator carb is used more now a days then ever before and in the last 8 or so years their have been many revisions so to me the production date is very important.

BenPerfected 09-10-2017 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 4581551)
i disagree,the dominator carb is used more now a days then ever before and in the last 8 or so years their have been many revisions so to me the production date is very important.

Especially if they are really the newer model Holley Marine Dominators. The relatively new Holley Marine Dominator carbs have their own set of specs for the idle circuits and they are also USCG approved. Best carbs I have ever owned. We can idle at 500 RPM in gear even with a fairly aggressive valve train.