VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Story sucks Rob. Two things I find crazy:
1. You didn't lose your temper
2. You didn't cash the check!

I would have done both......

I would say this thread just buried Richy's Custom paint. Ironically he has tons of pics of your boat and Bill's on his facebook page (like he is proud of the work).

Hopefully you get the boat fixed right and back on the water soon!
If i cash the 500.00 check, it could mean that I accept the terms of the agreement. its at MD offshore now, stripping starts tomorrow, bottom is perfect... he deleted nearly all of mine, he still has bills up... Bill had to pay out to another shop in cape coral to fix the stuff, Richy was there but not really that helpful.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
S
I would say this thread just buried Richy's Custom paint. Ironically he has tons of pics of your boat and Bill's on his facebook page (like he is proud of the work).

!
You would think that posts like this would hurt companies but it sure seems like they just go on and take advantage of someone else. there have been lots of companies that just go on and on, and not just in boating world.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd go back for the tools you bought him. He isn't going to need them anyway, now that word has gotten around.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I am so sorry to hear of this Rob. I had to pay the entry fee for getting into performance boating along with many others. I am not allowed to post on another boating site due to outing the known thief. I admire your attitude. Continue to be strong and don't cash the check.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My observations when I see posts like this.

1. Does a shop like this always do shoddy work or is an exception, possible reserved for a client who lives far, far away?

2. Is this another boat business that robs Peter to pay Paul?

3. Did poor business practices catch up to them, causing them to rush a job and seriously compromise quality?
Old 01-24-2018, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

My observations when I see posts like this.

1. Does a shop like this always do shoddy work or is an exception, possible reserved for a client who lives far, far away?
He used to do good work, in 2016 and 2017 he jacked up 4 topguns and my Tiger

2. Is this another boat business that robs Peter to pay Paul?
He robs from everyone to pay himself and the product suffers...

3. Did poor business practices catch up to them, causing them to rush a job and seriously compromise quality?
they have no concept how to run a business, if you went to him, he would tell you a crazy high number and discount it to what he needs that week or at that moment. he/they have other issues as well.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW! What is mess. So sorry my dude.

I have had two boats painted by David Hunter and strongly recommend him. First class person and very high quality work.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 352 Posts

Rob,,man I'm real sorry this happened to you.
like you said,,be glad you can get it fixed right.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Bummer deal.

You are doing he right thing by warning others. The boating world is pretty small and eventually everyone figures out who the posers are as that smoke in mirrors only lasts for so long.

You made the right call not cashing the check. I have one of those checks hanging on my wall and so glad that I never cashed mine.

I’ve said this before but if you save one fellow boater from getting hosed on a botched paint job than it was worth the headache of getting the word out.

Karma wins in the end so sit back and enjoy the show as their is something surprisingly satisfying about watching the demise of those who have wronged you.

Hopefully 2018 will bring you many happy days on the water.

Last edited by baywatch; 01-24-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember the saga from FB, and couldn't believe you were as patient and calm as you were. No way I'd have that same demeanor. I hope you get this fixed the way it should be, with some kind of restitution.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.