Notices

Scammers

Old 07-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Scammers

I have advertised some props in the classifieds and so far have been contacted 100% of the time by scammers.Are others out there having similar experiences?
Old 07-22-2018, 09:05 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

It happens and has been posted about before. If the person sends you a PM use the "Report Private Message" button and we will ban them.

Older thread Slightly suspicious reply to my wanted ad..
Old 07-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Had one cashiers check sent to me from a scammer from Nigeria. 1st one was taken by federal agents. The same scammer sent me another one and it made it to my home. I ripped it up. I think I have a new scammer now. He is only texting me and when I asked him to call me, he said he was hearing impaired. I texted him and told him he will have to fly down to Houston, see the boat, meet me in person and do a wire transfer at my bank. I bet I never hear from him again.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The last "customer" I flat out told his email was more than suspicious. I asked him to tell me something about his boat that only a "real" owner would know. Never heard from him again.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Inquired about a 35 Sea Ray in Pompano Beach and got this

As I mentioned before, I recently divorced and now I'm here in Lincoln, Nebraska staying with my parents. The boat is already at the eBay warehouse here in Nebraska and the transaction will be done through them. eBay will handle the shipping, the payment and the paper exchange. The boat is already sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in 3-4 days. You will have free delivery and 7 days to test and inspect the boat before to receive any money. If the boat doesn't meet your expectation you can refuse it and I will ship it back on my own costs. If you want to move forward, please reply with your full name, shipping address( street, city, state, zip codes) and the best phone # where you can be reached. I will forward your details to eBay and they will contact you with all the info on how to purchase it.

Thank you!
Old 08-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

I got a pm today asking for more pictures of the boat I have for sale.........could of been a mistake....
Old 08-23-2018, 08:42 AM
2jz
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I like when they ask for address to mail check. I give the a address to police department with attn John lol.
or # to police department voicemail
Old 08-23-2018, 01:21 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 932 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by buckknekkid
Inquired about a 35 Sea Ray in Pompano Beach and got this

As I mentioned before, I recently divorced and now I'm here in Lincoln, Nebraska staying with my parents. The boat is already at the eBay warehouse here in Nebraska and the transaction will be done through them. eBay will handle the shipping, the payment and the paper exchange. The boat is already sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in 3-4 days. You will have free delivery and 7 days to test and inspect the boat before to receive any money. If the boat doesn't meet your expectation you can refuse it and I will ship it back on my own costs. If you want to move forward, please reply with your full name, shipping address( street, city, state, zip codes) and the best phone # where you can be reached. I will forward your details to eBay and they will contact you with all the info on how to purchase it.

Thank you!
LOL! Act all concerned for him and reply to him that he is getting scammed as ebay doesnt have any warehouses and they do not have any escrow services or anything else like that and he better get his boat out of there! LOL we all know its a scam but its fun to screw with them just the same.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-07-2018, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeap, get them all the time...had one try to scam me on a carb...really ? anyway was selling a enclosed trailer a while back got one of the regular ones, sent me the cashiers check, I messed with him for 4-5 days saying post office delivered to wrong address. Called bank check was written on, my check was 5th that they had been contacted about with same name, so I had his phone #(was texting me all the time on missing ck) address where was mailed from...they got right on it...maybe got the ******* as the text and calls stopped quickly !