Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Does anybody know Paul Owens of San Tan Valley AZ.? >

Does anybody know Paul Owens of San Tan Valley AZ.?

Notices

Does anybody know Paul Owens of San Tan Valley AZ.?

Old 08-13-2018, 06:13 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy Does anybody know Paul Owens of San Tan Valley AZ.?

I seriously dislike using this forum as a way to track down stolen property. However, I have done this before with stolen propellers and have actually gotten 3 back over the years.
I also don't like to drag peoples names through the public mud but if it is 100% true and not a opinion, I think it can be valued.
As many of you may know (or may not know), BBLADES Propellers has a test propeller program. Here is a link to the program.

https://bblades.com/propeller-test-program/

Simply put, a customer can test propellers for a very small fee without having to purchase anything. The key being, there is no requirement to purchase anything. Simple rules are in place. A 15 day time frame to get prop back to BBLADES if not purchasing, you damage it you buy it, you pay shipping, $55 fee does not apply to purchase price unless you tested and decide to buy BBLADES branded castings. All simple, logical rules.
Still there are crooks out there who just can't be a normal respectful, play by the rules citizens.

Enter Paul Owens. Paul Owens called and asked to test the 24 BBLADES OB/FX on 5-9-18. Paul Owens called us on 5-21-18 and said the prop got on plane better than his 26 Bravo 1 but he had asked to test a 24 OB/FX. We sent him a 26 by accident. Of course the prop he had was due back in 2 days and he tested it anyways. We apologized and sent him a BBLADES 24 pitch OB/FX for a free testing fee and our shipping as well. The new 24 pitch prop was now to be returned by 6-6-18. Paul Owens said he would ship the 26 right back. Now it is 6-6-18 and my assistant contacts Paul Owens who states he is purchasing the 24 OB/FX and will be shipping the 26 pitch back which was due back 15 days prior. Paul Owens said he would be calling back with credit card information. Time goes by and on 6-14-18 my assistant tries to reach Paul Owens again. This time no answer and the recording says his voice mailbox mailbox is not set up. For the next few days, attempts are made to contact Paul Owens with no success. At this point we tried to run his credit card on file for the set of props he told my assistant he would buy. As feared, the card was declined. More time goes by and the end of June is approaching with no props returned and no comments from Paul Owens. I decided to search for Paul on facebook. Sure enough, there was a Paul Owens in SanTanValley AZ. To my surprise, Paul responded on the live messenger. Here is the copy from that messenger conversation.......................

JUN 25TH, 5:46PM
Brett: Paul, this is Brett Anderson from BBLADES Propellers. You have 2 of my propellers I need to get back from you. We have spoken to and emailed you with little response. You told Mindy you would buy one propeller and send the other back. You still have not completed this transaction. I hope we can get this solved without any other issues. I don't want to create a situation uncomfortable to those involved. Please call us at 920-295-4435.
Name:  2--PAXP-deijE.gif
Views: 3456
Size:  43 BytesThey accepted your request.

Paul: They’re both boxed up just hadn’t gotten them sent out. Sorry was an an accident two weeks ago and have been a little slow. I will have my kid get them dropped off at the ups store tomorrow
One of them has a little ding in one of the blades
Brett :Thank you for responding. There will be a charge to fix the ding. Are you no longer keeping the 26 pitch?

Paul: I sold the boat. Broke my hand again so want really going to be able to use it this season
Not sure what it got
Maybe a little peace of drift wood
But as you can see it’s on the plywood in the box ready to go
Brett: Unfortunately that is more than a small repair. We can not take that propeller back. The contract states damage of that level requires purchase. I'm sorry.

Paul: That can easily be repaired
It will be shipped tomorrow
Brett: We can not sell that propeller as new or even at 10% off as a test propeller.
Are you telling me you will not pay for the propeller?

Paul: Correct I have a quote to repair like new for $100
If you’d like I can get it repaired first
Brett: That doesn't matter. You signed a contract with us. We will not take back props repaired by some other company.

Paul: Props will ship out tomorrow

Sent from Messenger

At that point Paul Owens signed off of fb messenger and I have not been able to recontact him. Above is the prop he damaged that he said he could get fixed for $100. (the picture wouldn't load properly into the messenger text above correctly so I had to copy and paste it)
As you see, I am writing this thread on 8-13-18. 2.5 months after we first had contact with Paul Owens. Indeed, BBLADES HAS NOT received either of the 2 propeller Paul Owens had borrowed from us.

Paul Owens is both a thief and a liar.

I bring this to light because I would hope somebody who knows Paul Owens would help him to do the right thing. Send back the stolen property. We can't get reimbursed from this low life if he doesn't play by the rules but at least he doesn't have to be a thief too.

BBLADES has run what we consider to be the best test prop program in the industry. We have sold hundreds of props over the years because of this program to hundreds of customers who knew exactly what they were getting. It has been a success but the cost to run the program with inventory and personnel and the logistics is not a small project. People and actions like Paul Owens displayed are the reason this program may have to come to a end. We certainly don't "want" to do that.
And I certainly don't want to have to write threads like this one.

Anybody with any information or help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Brett Anderson and the BBLADES team

Last edited by bbladesprops; 08-13-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Top Answer

03-22-2022, 04:13 PM
bbladesprops
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

lisa c

You made me realize I never ended the story.
I very nice man on OSO lived in the area and offered to pay Paul a visit. This man is very fit and has some special training and talents
He found Paul outside and confronted him. Paul immediately handed over the props. The props were pretty beat up.

We sent the nice man some gifts and he sent us the props.
So it all worked out ok because of the good Samaritan who could scare the s%$t out of you.

Brett
Old 08-13-2018, 06:49 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Ahh, the 'ol "accident" excuse. At least he was specific with his hand, no mention that the post office was in the accident tho...
Old 08-13-2018, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A shame.....these kind of "customers" and "friends in the hobby" will mess up a good thing for everyone.... I boat and also play around with muscle cars....there is a rotten apple in every hobby.....ask me how I know.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a full name or middle initial, a billing zip code, etc?

Also if post up on www.Riverdavesplace dot com, there a lot of locals on there that might know him and they hate thief's .

Let us know if you get any more information.

Last edited by Mohavvalley; 08-14-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:13 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Mohavvalley
Also if post up on www.Riverdavesplace dot com, there a lot of locals on there that might know him and they hate thief's .
Excellent suggestion
Old 08-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I can't see the picture of the guy but there is a guy that used to post in uncensored some with a similar looking avatar.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Post it on RDP , the locals will handle him for you Brett, Nothing worse than a Facking Thief!
Old 08-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by dunnitagain
Post it on RDP , the locals will handle him for you Brett, Nothing worse than a Facking Thief!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice and the sense of community on this web site.
I have not become a member on River Dave's Place although I have been meaning to do so. This is the perfect opportunity.

So frustrating when you are helping a guy out and he blatantly screws you.

Brett
Old 08-16-2018, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Tested and bought many props through your program. I thank you for your service and program!!
Old 08-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd hate to say it Brett but I would have the customer buy the prop to be tested and upon return of the product you reimburse them minus the test fee... this would keep everyone honest and end you having to chase down douchebags who love your product soooo much they wanna keep it... lol
just my $.002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.