Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of Rob Freeman - OSO Member; Nothing but dishonest >

Beware of Rob Freeman - OSO Member; Nothing but dishonest

Notices

Beware of Rob Freeman - OSO Member; Nothing but dishonest

Old 03-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Just one question for all you Ballers.... WHY DO YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY ON RETAINER and only a phone call away at any time?

I have owned my company for 35+ years, and I work with attorneys every day, that being said, the last thing I ever want to do is have them involved in anything!

Luckily in my career it has only happened a couple of times. And in each case I just spent money to get the same result I could have come to on my own...

If you treat people with respect, honesty and work out resolving issues before you quit talking to each other, I feel you will find, life is way less costly on reputation and bank account! People may not like you, but will respect you when things go bad... If you are a person who ONLY looks out for yourself and do not honor agreements, well..... Here we are. Just the way it looks from the outside looking in...
The following 2 users liked this post by bajaholic:
abones (03-29-2019), badmonkey (03-29-2019), boatnt (03-29-2019), BobbyB (03-29-2019), cmoore7 (04-02-2019), Craney (03-29-2019), hblair (03-12-2021), IGetWet (03-29-2019), Indy (03-29-2019), jbraun2828 (03-29-2019), offshoredrillin (03-29-2019), OldSchool (03-12-2021), sonicss42 (03-29-2019), speicher lane (03-29-2019), Sunny32SSR (03-29-2019), Sydwayz (03-29-2019), Tinkerer (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 4,271 Likes on 1,232 Posts

As soon as you had seen that mess why didn`t you run? The condition tells you everything about the character of this clown and maintenance of the boat.
The stuff you see is about 20% of the stuff you would have eventually found out was also garbage.

Like bajaholic said only con men have attorneys on retainer.
Guys a cheat and a liar, what moron would have payed an extra $15k over asking price for that turd sandwich? Most likely another lie.
Thanx for the heads up on this loser . I`ll be sure to spread the word around here.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Old 03-30-2019, 06:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
As soon as you had seen that mess why didn`t you run? The condition tells you everything about the character of this clown and maintenance of the boat.
The stuff you see is about 20% of the stuff you would have eventually found out was also garbage.

Like bajaholic said only con men have attorneys on retainer.
Guys a cheat and a liar, what moron would have payed an extra $15k over asking price for that turd sandwich? Most likely another lie.
Thanx for the heads up on this loser . I`ll be sure to spread the word around here.
I agree, as soon as I seen that bilge I would be like.... see ya.... complete abuse and that's proof, If you cannot keep the coolest part of the boat clean, what else it trashed..?
Old 03-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Man - those pictures make me feel really good about my cafe! Maybe I've under-priced it!!!
Old 03-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My Daytona was in real lack of maintenance condition. The boat was filthy, burgundy carpet under the front seats was black, gelcoat in engine compartment was very stained from multiple fluids, The running edges on the bottom of the boat was badly chipped and gouged, that and the boat had NO shine. But It didn't come with an engine or drive. I had two of each from my Scarab 34 so all I was really interested in was getting into a 26 Daytona for a relative low cost. The top and sides of the boat had no real scratches or gouges. The hull showed no signs of water. IF I hadn't driven 11 hours and been looking for a deal like this for at least a year I probably would have walked away.
I have put a lot of time and money into this boat but I would do it again knowing what I know today. ( IF I had known then that I would love owning a cat ) ( At the time of purchase I had never driven one and didn't know if I would like owning one.) The guy I bought my boat from was NOT the person that neglected it. He bought it from the guy that had and parted it out.
If I was buying a Cat today I would probably buy a bigger and newer model.
Still I believe that this seller is an ASS for taking the money, making the deal and then jerking the buyer around. As he said he made a better deal - than he should have paid the original buyer for ALL of his costs pertaining to the buying of this boat.
The seller is a dirt bag and I hope this thread comes up EVERY time HE tries to sell something in the future.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:55 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default About that lawsuit threat...

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
I would refrain from slandering me any further , as ive instructed my corporate attorney to document youre actions , long way to wi to litigate a lawsuit . told him just add the charges to his monthly bill , remember one must actually steal youre money , for you to tell the world how im a theif , yes didn't sell you the boat , piece of chit anyway , refunded youre money plus more , but yet you still say I stole youre money , even dumb ,stupid illiterate fat people can fiqure that out
Rob its good you have an attorney on retainer, then you can easily confirm on Monday what im about to tell you. Any agreement is a legally binding contract, it doesnt matter if that agreement is digital, printed on paper, written on a napkin, or sealed with a handshake. Of course the reason we all insist on written contracts is that without proof of what was actually agreed, its a he said / he said situation. What actually happened? Who is telling the truth? Usually when its a handshake deal there is no evidence on way or the other.

But in this case, you yourself confirmed here on OSO that you made a legally binding agreement (yes, thats what it was, by law) and took his money. At that point the boat was legally his regardless of the title transfer. You not only have no slander case since you yourself confirmed Penaltybox's story, but if he really wanted to he's the one who has a legitimate legal case against you. Luckily for you he just wanted to hurt your reputation (I guess, it depends how much you value it).

Last edited by blown; 03-31-2019 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow ....old school OSO drama right here.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob you can’t please everyone,good job returning money life’s to short worrying about one guys feelings.He didn’t like your boat ☹️ I’m over it enjoy your summer .
Old 04-02-2019, 06:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bj1464
Rob you can’t please everyone,good job returning money life’s to short worrying about one guys feelings.He didn’t like your boat ☹️ I’m over it enjoy your summer .
You are just as intellectually challenged as Rob. This post isn't about anyone's 'feelings'. It is about being a man of your word, and doing what is right. Hopefully, many OSO members will see the type of person he is, and use extreme caution when having any type of dealings with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.