Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   fedex lost my package (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/360509-fedex-lost-my-package.html)

ALL_IN! 05-15-2019 02:32 PM

I had a package delivering from FedEx about 2 months ago. Signature required. My wife happened to be working from home that day (which is odd, as we are rarely home).

So I'm tracking this package and it says delivery attempted at xx:xx am. I call my wife and ask and she says no one rang the doorbell or knocked. I believe Fedex drove by the house (or didn't) knowing that we're never home during the day and didn't stop. Just tagged their system as 'delivery attempted'. Flash forward 48 hours, and I called Fedex to see where I could pick it up. They said local hub - great! ...I get there and now they've lost the package! So I call retailer and explain situation - they get same response from Fedex. So they refund my money (this was a NOS item). Very frustrating. No one at Fedex seemed to really understand what was going on. ...like they all started working yesterday.

Quinlan 05-15-2019 05:04 PM

We are an office furniture installation co. I get stuff shipped to us all day long. You would not believe some of the stories I could tell.
What is really crazy - some of the manufactures actually ship Chairs in boxes by FedX. Watching the small girl on our route struggling to get this box -that is about as big as she is- out of the damn truck. Fortunately I always make the originating dealers deal w the freight claims. We just sign- Damaged Boxes- on almost all receivers.
And my dogs don't like the Men in Brown lol- 2 have been bitten. BIG sign on fence DOGS lol.
Then we could start talking LTL loads- some of chit I get from them is even worse. Work surfaces that have been sliding around in the back of a truck all day-

Interceptor 05-16-2019 10:04 AM

Fastenal is a good way to ship items if you can deliver or pick up at one of their locations. They are a third party shipper and will carry goods along with their deliveries to their franchise stores.

snapmorgan 05-16-2019 03:37 PM

I was a FedEx ground contractor for 15 years. That business is so disorganized and poorly run that I am surprised anyone ever gets their package. Their only focus is on the shareholders getting a dividend check at the end of the year.

mike tkach 05-19-2019 09:53 PM

well it,s been close to two weeks now and nothing from fed ex.guess i will need to waste an hour tomorrow to find out what the hold up is.i will never ship anything with fed ex again.

mike tkach 05-28-2019 09:07 PM

went back to the local fedex today.they lose your package and make you jump through hoops to get claim setelled.no check yet but i sent the buyer a refund check today.he has been very patient and i may never see a check from fedex but he will see one in a few days.no more fedex for me!

Baja Rooster 05-28-2019 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 4687664)
well it,s been close to two weeks now and nothing from fed ex.guess i will need to waste an hour tomorrow to find out what the hold up is.i will never ship anything with fed ex again.

****ty companies count on your time being too valuable to deal with their mess. For a company that has the ability to pick up a parcel in Mongolia and hand deliver it a day later in middle America the nebulous bureaucracy is by design.

I appreciate the heads up and will avoid them.

mike tkach 06-12-2019 08:31 AM

well i finally got a check from fed ex.package was insured for 200.00 and shipping was 36.92 so i should have got 236.92.they sent me a check for 221.36,when i talked to a claim,s person he stated that they had no record of what i paid for shipping so they estimated the shipping charge.keep in mind i sent them a text picture of my receipt that showed the shipping charges.i asked him why he did not simply call the shipping terminal and ask what the shipping charges were he said,we don,t make outgoing calls during the investigation,i said maybe you should if you want to do a complete investigation.bottom line is i got shorted 15 bucks and some change.if they short every claim 15 bucks they save a ton of money because they loose a lot of packages.when i told him i will never do business with fed ex again he said,good bye,have a nice day.as i said before,no more fed ex for me,ever.

adk61 06-21-2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by SB (Post 4685883)
Now, Uncle Sam takes 25% of your income. State another 10%.

So, when you buy something that is taxed 5%,how much tax did you really pay on that item ? :) everyone can drink to that ! :)

Noone answer,it is painful, so meant to provoke a painful laugh. Doh.

what do you mean 25%?

buckknekkid 06-23-2019 09:20 AM

Fedex just jammed me for a box of bling from CP. says I signed for it at 11:45 AM. My shop is ten miles away and Im there 9-5 so there is a driver with billet goodies for sale on his route.