Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!! >

OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!!

Notices

OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!!

Old 04-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

hey rob . . sorry to hear about your deal with this guy. hows your python come'n along by the way . . . we gonna get some graphics on her soon? . . . . i hope to be in the water in a few weeks or so with the new boat. give me a call if you get a chance , would like to see the progress 419-461-1484
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, hate to hear the bad news, the guy should stand up and say, hey I am sorry, lets work it out, at least thats what I would do if it was me
Old 04-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sucks man, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I try to let people know about the bad ones we have dealt with.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Registered

Can I make a wee little suggestion for you guys who buy on ebay? Most sellers accept PayPal (PayPal.com) which offers protection to the buyer if someone like this guy rips a buyer off...UNLESS they get the money and cancel their PayPal account...but, it shows if a seller is verified, etc. Just a suggestion. If you have questions, email me anytime. I sell on ebay and use PayPal 99% of the time as form of payment accepted. Have a great Easter weekend everyone...and Rob - I am really sorry you got taken. I hope someone bashes this guy with wet noodles for you!

Last edited by HPChick; 04-18-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by jb
I hate cheats... Keep us informed!
Ditto.....

Old 04-18-2003, 11:30 PM
robsunlimited

ROB SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU MISHAPS WITH THIS SCUMBAG,
I'VE BOUGHT STUFF ON E-BAY AND HAD SIMULAR PROBLEMS AND NOT MUCH THAT YOU CAN DO. SOMETIMES A REAL DISCRETE THREAT DOES THE JOB, USUALLY A CALL FROM SOMEONE LOCATED CLOSE TO HIM WORKS WELL !!!
LETS HELP OUT GUYS ,ANY BODY LIVE NEXT TO THIS F.A.HOLE ?
I'VE BOUGHT TONS OF PARTS FROM GUYS ON O.S.O. AND WISH EVERYONE WERE AS HONEST AS THESE GUYS. I'VE HAD GUYS SHIP PARTS BEFORE BEING PAYED SO I COULD INSPECT THE PARTS.

ROB

Old 04-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running out of popcorn here!
Old 04-19-2003, 06:04 AM
rws
Registered

Well I did manage to get this out of the man in his thread on 525 merc install in the Tech. area.

who are you ?and hope you have a Damn good lawyer!!!

I would not make such a bold accusation about someone without some information.
Once again here is what I based My accusation on.
The mans name is Michael Mclaughlin
In our conversation prior to the end of the auction Michael stated that he has 242 Formula and asked if have or know of any big engines for sale 540 cu or something of the like. Same phone # 203-996-0969

Here is what happened During our conversation He ( Michael ) stated that He also had a Bravo Shop B-Max outdrive for sale.
Well several days after my parts did not arrive I see a B-Max WITH THE BELLHOUSING BOLTED TO IT on Ebay listed under a different seller ,I had my friend Email the seller to get his phone # so that questions could be asked about it.
Guess what the same phone # was emailed to my buddy 203-996-0969 I called and spoke with Michael and explained to him how to remove a B-Max from the bellhousing (Just in case He lacked the Technical nohow for such a lengthy project) and He assured me that He would not sell my parts to anyone else!Well I even have a recorded phone message stating this that He left.
I filed two separate fraud protection claims against him through Ebay and both were found in my favor!(one for transom assy and one for the extension box. I did receive $175.00 for each claim from Ebay ,But that will not buy what the man owes me.

P.S. Since I have dealt with this man He has sold stuff on Ebay under 3 different user names that I know of for sure( all three accounts were canceled) and a 4th that I suspect .I will not release that name due to inconclusive evidence. Also He has had at least three different Email address!

Does this sound like someone that should be allowed to be one of our peers?
This has been another lesson in life
If you want check my feedback on Ebay
Look under sno-pro79 and you will see 40 positives with not a negative to be found.
I personally do not know Steve1, But my Friend Pete P. Works with Him and a will surely tell Steve what Kind of a guy that I am.

Rob

Last edited by rws; 07-06-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rob, did you pm him?
Old 04-19-2003, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

What a Small world we live in.
I beleive that that B-max was sold to a guy in califoria.
OSO screen name"2many". e-mail "[email protected]"
I had bought a bravo drive from him, he shipped it to me,
I picked up his b-max for him (i'm in CT)and shipped it out to him.
It had the bell housing attached.
He was supposed to pay me for shipping,never did.
Told me he had some stainless tips he would send me, never did.
When I picked up the B-max, the seller was not there.
When I called to arrange to pick it up, the guy said it was actually his sons drive and he wanted it out of the garage. This was at his "summer" home, he was from NY.
Shift cable had been cut, almost made me think that the drive had been stolen.
"2many" told me that this guys son had run up a pretty big e-bay bill and was not paying. Got booted from e-bay.
You may try to get in touch with 2many and see if he has an "extra" bell housing.

Last edited by convincor; 04-19-2003 at 06:42 AM.

Quick Reply: OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.