Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware: Hall's Propeller Service >

Beware: Hall's Propeller Service

Notices

Beware: Hall's Propeller Service

Old 11-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike at halls has allways done my props and all my friends props with fantastic gains. Im not shure what is up with your props but Ill look in to it. I spet mony with every prop co. out there and he allways got me more.Sorry about your luck with halls .
Old 11-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I had Mike do one of my props last spring. Very good results and fast service. I hope he resolves this problem. sorry for your trouble.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have experience with Mike:

I had read postings on OSO that he did good work and was relatively close buy (2 hours). I was uncomfortable with sending my props hundreds of miles away for the exact reason that you guys mention above.

When I pulled into his place I really wondered if it was a good idea o leave him my only set of props, but said what the hey and left them.

A couple of days later I called...no answer...no returned message. The next day I called...no answer no return message. I checked his web page....it was gone...I kicked myself...I knew better.....

Called the next day, Mike answered. Said to come buy and pick up the props they were finished. Said he'd been having trouble with his phones. Checked his web page, it was back up and running. I went by a couple of days later and he had done a first class job on the props. It was a scary experience .....but he did a first class job......

Keep trying him....I can't believe that a guy that shows up at all the APBA races would try to duck the very customers he needs to keep him in business.

Lick-it-y-split.......
Old 11-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I relayed a message to a friend of Mike's . The more people calling the better. Mike can U HEAR US NOW? BH
Old 11-13-2003, 07:49 AM
J.V.IRONHANDS

Thumbs down

Thanks guys, the more pressure the better, what really urks me is that I know he does good work, as is proven by our oso members, but definitly doesn't follow through. I will know next time not to send them 1200 mi. away. Hang in the Snopro, one way or another we'll get them back, but I don't think they will be redone, but at least we will have them, John

Last edited by J.V.IRONHANDS; 11-13-2003 at 07:51 AM.

Old 11-13-2003, 07:59 AM
bad boyz

I`VE HEARD NOTHING BUT POSITIVE THINGS
ABOUT HIM,BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GET
SOMETHING IN WRITING WHEN LEAVING
THE PARTS WITH ANYONE OR A SIGNED
TRACKING NUMBER.

WHEN IN DOUBT, USE THROTTLE UP I HAVE
ONE OF THERE PROPS I BAUGHT FROM AN
OSO MEMBER,AND MAN IT IS FLAWLESS.

Old 11-13-2003, 08:03 AM
J.V.IRONHANDS

I'm hearing that more and more about Julie at Throttle up, she's at the world's but I will call her Tuesday. I have the tracking number, but it does no good is the clown won't answer the phone.

Old 11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Kent Perroux

I have used Halls for many years. He is a very small (one-person) operation and does all of the work by hand. You would never know he is one of the most sought after prop guys by driving up to his shop. First time I went there I expected to see nothing but 5-20hp fishing boat props. And yes, he does not answer the phone very much; I think all that grinding (and loud exhausts) has defended his hearing.

Unless he has recently added help, he does all the props himself. I don't doubt that he has more work than he can keep up with now. I know people that won't send their props anywhere else.

I guess our Central Florida secret is no longer a secret.

Kent

Old 11-13-2003, 08:47 AM
Rick Anderson

I have used Halls for many years. He is a very small (one-person) operation and does all of the work by hand. You would never know he is one of the most sought after prop guys by driving up to his shop. First time I went there I expected to see nothing but 5-20hp fishing boat props. And yes, he does not answer the phone very much; I think all that grinding (and loud exhausts) has defended his hearing.

Unless he has recently added help, he does all the props himself. I don't doubt that he has more work than he can keep up with now. I know people that won't send their props anywhere else.

I guess our Central Florida secret is no longer a secret.

Kent
I have to agree with Kent. He is small single person shop with lots of props to work on. He is also traveling a lot to races and to work with different race teams. We have used Mike for our F2 & F1 boats since 1998 as well as my lake boat and he always does great work.

I will try to get a hold of him & relay your issues.

Old 11-13-2003, 12:30 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought an extra set of props just for that reason. You can call Scott Ryerson in Sarasota. He's hooked up with Innovation, Dirty Duck and several of the other race teams. He gave me a great price on two props and facilitated getting them to Merc. to lab them and then shipped directly to me. Quick turnaround and great price.

941-270-6449.

Quick Reply: Beware: Hall's Propeller Service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.