Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Black Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/black-thunder-109/)
-   -   Help with older XL 320 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/black-thunder/248888-help-older-xl-320-a.html)

s022mag 03-06-2011 03:18 PM

Help with older XL 320

There is a 91 XL 320 for sale on this site can anyone give me some insight on this boat. I've heard the good strong boats..... heavy too. I'm curious to what the top end is on one with twin 365's. Speed isn't my biggest concerned but I'm not looking for one that just creeps over 60 on a good day.

Any other info on this boat would be great. Thanks. Oh and I shouldn't have any problem towing it locally wiht a 2500HD should I. 6.0 with 4.10 gears.

Coolerman 03-06-2011 04:24 PM

It should bust 60mph no problem.
-Jason Parvey

Cruz-N-Thunder 03-07-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by s022mag (Post 3343649)
There is a 91 XL 320 for sale on this site can anyone give me some insight on this boat. I've heard the good strong boats..... heavy too. I'm curious to what the top end is on one with twin 365's. Speed isn't my biggest concerned but I'm not looking for one that just creeps over 60 on a good day.

Any other info on this boat would be great. Thanks. Oh and I shouldn't have any problem towing it locally wiht a 2500HD should I. 6.0 with 4.10 gears.

That is my boat for sale. I have a Hot Boat Article on the boat and they ran 73mph. When I ran the original 3 blade Mirage it ran right there 1/2 fuel and two people. I went to 4 blade Bravo 1's and overpropped it a bit and now between 65 - 70. Gets on plane quicker w/o cavitation when full of fuel and loaded. Great boat just bought a 43, don't need two boats. 2500HD will be fine. Pull it with a ton single wheel which is basically the same. PM with any other questions.

salesmanship 03-17-2011 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just checked in on this thread.
That teal boat was the sistership to my blue one. We were dock neighbors on the Mississippi. Same 365's.
The "happy" Teleflex speedo showed 73-75 MPH but Shootout radar usually pegged it at 68MPH.
For some reason (maybe it was the driver) mine always ran a few MPH faster than the teal boat.
Thanks for the memories as that's where this whole thing started for me.

Coolerman 03-17-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 3352634)
That teal boat was the sistership to my blue one. We were dock neighbors on the Mississippi. Same 365's.
The "happy" Teleflex speedo showed 73-75 MPH but Shootout radar usually pegged it at 68MPH.
For some reason (maybe it was the driver) mine always ran a few MPH faster than the teal boat.

Nice pic Terry!

Also, as I'm sure you know all to well, the shootout radar is typically 1-4mph slower than what a gps shows.

salesmanship 03-17-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Coolerman (Post 3352651)
Nice pic Terry!

Also, as I'm sure you know all to well, the shootout radar is typically 1-4mph slower than what a gps shows.

Back in my day sonny, we didn't have any of those fancy Gee Pee eeS gizmos.
All we had was a compass and my wife telling me I was going too fast and to slow down.

HTRDLNCN 03-17-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 3352664)
my wife telling me I was going too fast and to slow down.

Thats usually the speed limiter on most boats..
:)

endeavor1 03-17-2011 02:58 PM

All we had was a compass and my wife telling me I was going too fast and to slow down.

Lmao. :lolhit:

What year did u start there terry?

Coolerman 03-17-2011 03:30 PM

lmao

Cruz-N-Thunder 03-18-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 3352634)

I fully understand what you mean. It's funny when you boat how many memories can be tied to it. This was where it started for me too. Didn't know a thing when I bought it but got really lucky. It has been a blast and hate to see it go but the guy buying it seems to be as stoked as I was when I got it so it looks like it will have a good home.