43 BT at Lake Raystown PA memorial day weekend >

43 BT at Lake Raystown PA memorial day weekend

Notices

43 BT at Lake Raystown PA memorial day weekend

Old 06-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 43 BT at Lake Raystown PA memorial day weekend

There was a nice 43 BT on lake Raystown over Memorial day weekend. White hull with red graphics and twin bravos pulled by a white Chevy dually. Anybody know the boat? What kind of power is under the hatch?
Old 06-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Re: 43 BT at Lake Raystown PA memorial day weekend

was at raystown 4 weeks ago with a 38 top gun from williamsport, the 43 was there than... stayed at raystown resort. used the public ramp next to them was very tight and pulled thru grass to get it in ! what about seven points? also shorter travel.... lots of hills to pull for me to get there.. any thoughts? thanks..
Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Small world... I lived in Williamsport from 1998-1999, worked for Litton Systems. We live in Harrisburg now so Snyder's Run is the closest access point.

We launch from the public ramp at Snyder's Run. It's a little tight but not bad, even with a crewcab dually. Parking will be a challange for anything over 30 feet- you may need to disconnect your trailer from the truck. This is what the BT did. If you get there early, there are a handful of spaces that will accommodate a top gun/ crewcab dually rig.

Seven points Marina has a private ramp that will accommodate any size boat but you have to pay $15 per day. Public ramp at Seven Points is tight, you will definitely have to drive on the grass.

We don't go to the Resort much for a couple reasons. First, it takes me a lot longer to get there and I find the water at that end of the lake has far more debris and wood floating in it. I've hit several branches at speed, but have been lucky to not inflict major damage.

See you on the water!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Registered

Smile Re: 43 BT at Lake Raystown PA memorial day weekend

That would've been me. 500 HP's. Thunder Struck is on the back. We try to hit the lake as much as we can through out the summer. My in-laws live along the spill way of the dam. Most of the time we get a break from the kids and the in-laws get a chance to enjoy them. Win win.
The lake is beautiful, clean and we have alot of friends there. We live about 45 min. from Northeast MD so we run the Bay alot also. We're heading up this weekend. We always put in at Snyders Run and we think its best to unhook and park the dually with the cars so no one gets pissed at us for sticking out. My name is Mike Eckman, give me a yell if you see me. Small world.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:38 AM
Registered

Raystown.....haven't been there in a few years. Not a place for a big, fast cat. Now we have a 38 PQ and have thought about going there, but rather would pass that up on the way to the Bay.....where we keep the boat. Raystown is definitely a clean fun place. It was better 25 yrs ago, before all the commercial stuff started popping up. It was a big day when the first BT showed up.........I would think about 10 years ago.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Registered

Enticer,
Why isn't Raystown a good place for a big fast cat? I'm currently looking at a 36 Spectre which I plan to use there. Runs in the 125MPH range with twin 800's ... I've never owned a cat before so I maybe I'm missing something.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Registered

Too congested and close for hi speed boats.........and watch out for the "Water Fleas" on PWC's. Too many bends and close valleys....but you will imperss the locals...........WHAT THE HELL IS THAT.....
So Ducky's got you a Spectre?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Registered

Yeah it gets pretty crowded on the weekends. It's nice early in the Am or anytime during the week though. LOL it doesn't take too much to impress ... A full set of teeth and a mullet is considered pretty impressive up there. Spectre is not a local boat.. No Ducky Deal for me...
Old 08-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Registered

10-4 on "NO DUCKY FOR ME" either.......ask his MOM
Old 08-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skillet
We had a Black Thunder once also named "Thunder Struck". Hope you like yours better than we liked ours.

Quick Reply: 43 BT at Lake Raystown PA memorial day weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.