Kidde Marine Fyre Watch troubleshoot >

Kidde Marine Fyre Watch troubleshoot

Notices

Kidde Marine Fyre Watch troubleshoot

Old 05-28-2015, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Kidde Marine Fyre Watch troubleshoot

I have the system noted in my title. The extinguisher gauge shows good. I have searched here and Google for an installation guide. I don't know how the system works or how it's wired. The light on my dash does not come on. The ground for the light is okay but no positive when the ignition is on. The two wires going into the extinguisher test as grounds.

So my question is, how is the system wired?
Old 06-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Registered

Any suggestions? Don't like running my boat without it working. Thanks again.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

If no luck on Google, I'd hit up the manufacture for support.

Kidde Fire Systems
400 Main Street
Ashland, MA 01721 USA

Old 06-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Try this and see if you can trace your wires. It doesnt really tell me much, as Fountain EWDs leave a lot to be desired.

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/Im...al05online.pdf
Old 06-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most likely a small pressure switch on the tank that should keep the indicator light on. If the bottle has something that looks similar to a sprinkler head and the gauge reads in the green, you should be protected. Do you have a picture of it? If the head looks like a sprinkler, then there the release will be solely based on heat, and the light is just indicating full pressure. No electronic interaction for release.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Registered

Well KIDDE led me in a big circle with phone numbers and didn't get any info from them because the system was discontinued in 2004. Thanks for the phone number anyways.

Also thanks for the fountain schematic. May help in the future.

The head does look like a sprinkler. Tomorrow I'll check to see if it has a Mercury bulb. I bet that's how it works. I don't have a picture of the head. Gauge indicates good. I'm okay with the light not working. I was thinking the wiring may be something necessary for the system to work. I've not installed one before so I didn't know how it worked. Thanks for all the info guys!

Last edited by jtbooten; 06-08-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

The wiring is just a indicator. Maybe your LED is out,
Old 06-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Registered

Thanks. No power to the light.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtbooten
Well KIDDE led me in a big circle with phone numbers and didn't get any info from them because the system was discontinued in 2004. Thanks for the phone number anyways.

Also thanks for the fountain schematic. May help in the future.

The head does look like a sprinkler. Tomorrow I'll check to see if it has a Mercury bulb. I bet that's how it works. I don't have a picture of the head. Gauge indicates good. I'm okay with the light not working. I was thinking the wiring may be something necessary for the system to work. I've not installed one before so I didn't know how it worked. Thanks for all the info guys!
It might be a glass bulb or a fusible link (small piece of metal) Power to the LED fed from a separate power source, and the wire off the tank is just the switch.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:35 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtbooten
I have the system noted in my title. The extinguisher gauge shows good. I have searched here and Google for an installation guide. I don't know how the system works or how it's wired. The light on my dash does not come on. The ground for the light is okay but no positive when the ignition is on. The two wires going into the extinguisher test as grounds.

So my question is, how is the system wired?
when you say the two wires on the tank test as grounds, is this with them disconnected from the boat wiring? if so ground to what? I would expect that the tanks wires are a normally closed switch (when at correct pressure) that offer a ground to a light that has power on the other side.

the ground for the light should come from the extinguisher switch, the power for the light from the ignition via a fuse that may be inline as it is an add-on system

you might also want to consider replacing a extinguisher that is at least 11 years old

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.