Protect yourself from Skin Cancer

Notices

Protect yourself from Skin Cancer

Old 06-12-2016, 06:10 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
The other thing I started was the hearing protection. Any ringing in the ears guys? Use ear plugs unless your windshield deflects the air up above your head.
Got the tinitis thing, wore the foam ear plugs right up to the time I sold the PP, they worked great. Wear them all day now on the construction site.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

REmember..Sunscreen stops sunburns but not skin cancer...Cover...

I am 49 and just had my 2nd BCC removed...
Old 06-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im 52 and going under the knife again tomorrow to remove skin cancer on my chest..Cover up
Old 06-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well...I'm at home recovering from surgery number 5...that's 5 skin grafts requiring general anesthesia since early April !!!

This was for 3: BC's on my right shin. Hopefully this takes care of this $hit for a while !!! I have to stay off my feet and keep my right leg elevated for two weeks !!

Lesson Learned !!!
Old 11-30-2017, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprink58
Well...I'm at home recovering from surgery number 5...that's 5 skin grafts requiring general anesthesia since early April !!!

This was for 3: BC's on my right shin. Hopefully this takes care of this $hit for a while !!! I have to stay off my feet and keep my right leg elevated for two weeks !!

Lesson Learned !!!
Sprink - Just saw this thread again. Hope all is going well. I just went through my second to remove a spot from my inner ear lobe and they took a skin graft off the side of my neck. Only a local freezing but not the most comfortable think to go through. Looked a little weird for about 3 weeks while it healed but who cares.

Like others have said we need to look after ourselves but also our children. I think what I have gone through has opened up my sons eyes a bit to make sure he puts on sunblock. My daughter has always covered up as she is very fair skinned and had sun burns when younger. Both are over 25 so I think they understand the consequences.

Have gone through the hearing issues over the years also between boats and every type of gas powered tool I could have now wear protection. The only good thing is you can get away with ignoring the wife every once in a while and blame it on your poor hearing. LOL.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Got the tinitis thing, wore the foam ear plugs right up to the time I sold the PP, they worked great. Wear them all day now on the construction site.
I have that too and keep headphones in the boat now.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am on at least my 12-15th basal cell removal. All are now done by a dermatology plastic surgeon so don't look too bad...dang Northern European ancestry gave me my striking good looks but sure sensitive to the sun and we sure have a lot of it down here between hurricanes. I never fail to use sunblock when I go out now and use a hat with ear flaps when not underway.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just glad my genes have the tan gene! But still, I protect myself from the sun by wearing long sleeves and pants and a hat. Might look like a tourist but at least I got nothing to worry about!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 4,264 Likes on 1,229 Posts

I was quite surprised when I went to my dermatologist for a check. I had no idea it was going to be like a prison intake search complete with spread your cheeks . **** ....and she was was one of my longtime customers moving my sack around.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Two more gone. I now get every 3 mos. full body exam. At least you have a girl doing the cheek and sack thing....

Should be good for a while now. Thank God none of the surgeries were disfiguring or easily noticeable. Now, on with the purchase of that new Bay house to complement the Lake house...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.