Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Caribbean (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/caribbean-283/)
-   -   Tell us about your favorite beach bar(s) in BVI / USVI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/caribbean/255197-tell-us-about-your-favorite-beach-bar-s-bvi-usvi.html)

Bobthebuilder 06-05-2011 08:25 PM

Tell us about your favorite beach bar(s) in BVI / USVI

5 Attachment(s)
What is funny about this thread is that I do not drink. My crew drinks enough for me and them it seems. During the last two seasons we would often go from island to island and check out various beach bars that we had heard about. My three favorites in the BVI are 1 ) Saba Rock ( of course !! ) at Virgin Gorda, 2) Soggy Dollar at Yost Van Dyke and 3) Cooper Island. The Willy T off Norman Island was fun and gets honorable mention . There are so many tho and maybe you can help me and others out by telling us of your favorite beach bar in the BVI / USVI.

Saba Rock pics: first 2 are Bob pics, last 3 are Jay's pics.

Bobthebuilder 06-05-2011 08:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
1) Cooper Island
2 & 3 ) Soggy Dollar
4 & 5 ) Willy T

pitts1313 06-05-2011 08:39 PM

Add Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada and Foxy's for night time. Bitter End Yacht club. Pirates' Bight (by Willie t's) I'm happy with any of them, if I'm there!

tomba29 06-05-2011 08:54 PM

Living here I tend to take so much of it for granted but threads like this one make me realize how lucky I am. Where I go usually depends on how I'm feeling that particular day. It usually works out like this :

Bitter End for Sunday breakfast
Saba for lunch
Don't really drink so Cooper for punch
Willie T's for the eye candy
Soggy dollar for swimming
Foxy's for dinner

Bobthebuilder 06-05-2011 09:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pitts1313 (Post 3421018)
Add Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada and Foxy's for night time. Bitter End Yacht club. Pirates' Bight (by Willie t's) I'm happy with any of them, if I'm there!

Found some Cow Wreck Beach pics. Been out there twice. Lobster is unbelievable.

First 3 pics are CW Beach. You pour your own drinks and keep track of it yourself. Think it's called the honor system. LOL
Last 2 pics are Pirates Bight. Have only been there on the poker run. It is the lunch stop.

Bobthebuilder 06-05-2011 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by tomba29 (Post 3421043)
Living here I tend to take so much of it for granted but threads like this one make me realize how lucky I am. Where I go usually depends on how I'm feeling that particular day. It usually works out like this :

Bitter End for Sunday breakfast
Saba for lunch
Don't really drink so Cooper for punch
Willie T's for the eye candy
Soggy dollar for swimming
Foxy's for dinner

Great list. I just need to get to Foxy's for dinner and will have your list completed. Guess I need to come back !! LOL

Bobthebuilder 06-06-2011 08:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Then there is Jumbies at Leverick Bay Resort in the North Sound. Leverick Bay Resort is home to the BVI poker run each Memorial weekend. On Friday nights the Jumbies come alive and put on quite a show dancing on their stilts.

Bobthebuilder 06-07-2011 08:49 PM

High end beach bars

5 Attachment(s)
I think most of us when in the islands are quite happy with the casual feel of many of the beach bars mentioned so far, where jams, cutoffs or a speedo (LOL) work quite well. There are three high end bars / restaurants that come to mind tho for perhaps a special occasion. Maybe a honeymoon, anniversary or you just want to take that special someone to somewhere really nice. For that occasion you may want to consider Biras Creek on the North Sound of Virgin Gorda, or Peter Island or the brand new Scrub Island Resort. Some may have a dress code requiring dress slacks in the dining area but shorts are usually OK in the bar area. Check first so you are not disappointed.

Here are some pics taken at Biras Creek.

Bobthebuilder 06-07-2011 08:54 PM

High end beach bars ( continued )

4 Attachment(s)
First 2 pics are Peter Island and next 2 are Scrub Island.

Bobthebuilder 06-10-2011 12:20 PM

Pussers at Marina Cay

5 Attachment(s)
There is another beach bar that comes to mind that is worth visiting. It is Pussers on Marina Cay. http://www.pussers.com/t-marina-cay.aspx
It lays between Trellis Bay ( airport area on Tortola / Beef Island ) and Scrub Island. In pic one Scrub Island can be seen beyond Marina Cay prior to the new development going in. In pic 4 Scrub Island can again be seen in the distance.