2013 usvi poker run? >

2013 usvi poker run?

Notices

2013 usvi poker run?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 usvi poker run?

Sup fellas. So the idea came to me the other day on getting feedback from you guys on the possibility of Putting together an offshore USVI poker run. Need your ideas, feedback, and suggestions on whether or not it would be worth the effort, as well as tips to make it successfull.

For those of you that are familiar with the USVI, here is the idea for a possible route.

START: Coki Point ( Catch of the Day Beach Bar)
STOP 1: Yacht Haven Grande Marina
STOP 2 : Culebra or Vieques
STOP 3: Magen's Bay.
Stop 4: Wharf side Village St.John
Stop 5: Yacht Haven Grande Marina.

Just an idea. What are your thoughts??
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by guilderoy
Sup fellas. So the idea came to me the other day on getting feedback from you guys on the possibility of Putting together an offshore USVI poker run. Need your ideas, feedback, and suggestions on whether or not it would be worth the effort, as well as tips to make it successfull.

For those of you that are familiar with the USVI, here is the idea for a possible route.

Just a few thoughts to share. I think we all know that because of a lot of hard work the Leverick Bay, BVI poker run has grown to become a huge success. While they will be the granddaddy of them all, I believe there is probably room for a second event in the Islands and USVI is quite central. Looking at your list of stops, I see Culebra which no doubt would be interesting but think it involves a Customs and Immigration clearance and if so, that is a negative. Would it be best to confine it to just the USVI? Lots of great stops can be made without going "international". I had previously heard of plans for an event that would go east into BVI but again the same hassles w customs. As far as timing, what was the thinking on that? Again I "heard" possibly Labour Day weekend which will not work for Team PREDATOR but then we are just one boat and you need to do what works for the masses. We will have TP in the area from mid Feb until wrapping things up with the BVI pr on Memorial weekend.

All the best and good luck with it. Keep us posted on developments.

Bob
Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guilderoy

Sounds like it would be good fun. Bob makes a good point about Culebra/Viques about customs etc but out of curiosity, how long a run is that from Charlotte Amalie? I think you should plan to schedule it well away from the Leverick Bay run.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Registered

Good points fellas. The idea for Culebra was to give the course a longer leg. Around st.thimas is to short for it to be a good offshore event. The Culebra Leg offers bigger boats the oppourtiunity it's to open up for a longer period of time and have a full day event. As far as dates the first initial date idea was the fall of 2013 around thanksgiving or so about.

Culebra isn't international. It's still the US. So I'm preety sure customs shouldn't be an issue.
I'll research that.

I would like to consult with the folks at the leveric bay event in order to use their expertise. We want the event to be as successful.

Can someone put me on to the person In charge?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

An event is already planned for fall of 2013....It was supposed to be fall of 2012 but the logistics were not complete due to the limited run of just st. thomas st. john. Since they are so short and not enough stopping areas it was put on hold. But negotiations on other options are nearly completed. Culebra was considered last year but culebra is 26 miles from downtown st. thomas. Seemes a little long for some of the smaller boats. More info will be available in late January early February.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by turbo rr
An event is already planned for fall of 2013....It was supposed to be fall of 2012 but the logistics were not complete due to the limited run of just st. thomas st. john. Since they are so short and not enough stopping areas it was put on hold. But negotiations on other options are nearly completed. Culebra was considered last year but culebra is 26 miles from downtown st. thomas. Seemes a little long for some of the smaller boats. More info will be available in late January early February.
Turbo, did I sit next to your wife today on Cape Air flight from San Juan to Tortola? She said her husband has a Powerplay. I think there are a couple of them around there so could have been someone else. Maybe nkosi.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Turbo

Touch base with me. I would like to help in any way I can to make it happen. I like the idea of Culebra cause it gives the larger boats a chance to open up in an offshore environment. This is good to hear .
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Turbo, did I sit next to your wife today on Cape Air flight from San Juan to Tortola? She said her husband has a Powerplay. I think there are a couple of them around there so could have been someone else. Maybe nkosi.
I hope it was not mine she told me she was at church all day!!! Just kidding. It wasnt her. There are a few pp around mostly center consoles. I think I have the only 33 sportdeck around here.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I hope it was not mine she told me she was at church all day!!! Just kidding. It wasnt her. There are a few pp around mostly center consoles. I think I have the only 33 sportdeck around here.
LOL. Too funny. Looking forward to seeing all you guys this winter. I am out at Saba Rock now for a few days.

Bob
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope it wasn't mine either. She was supposed to be at work all day. Not sure who that would have been.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.