Bahama Fuel Stops? >

Bahama Fuel Stops?

Notices

Bahama Fuel Stops?

Old 05-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
awesome on the info. Fuel was my concern. as I have 2 weeks, total so 7-10 days there I would think we can make our way to some awesome places, and back. Just did not know if a 34 footer with 150 gallons would make it, but just fill it up at every stop, and keep working my way down.
I took my 32 w/95 gallons capacity to the Bahamas twice without an issue (small blocks burned 60 gallons an hour WFO). Bring spares (belts/fuel filters/extra fluids) and you will be fine.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on bringnig spares for sure. Only problem would be a impeller change... I could do it floating if it was not for the amount of water coming in the hose from the drive... I cant move it above the water line like I could on a single engine.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

As far as pump outs, can only speak for Abacos and Port Lucaya as we went there on friends Hatteras last year and going again for 12 days this June/July. Our stops were Spanish Cay, Green Turtle Cay, Great Guana, Elbow Cay, Marsh Harbor, Treasure Cay, and finally Port Lucaya and none of the marinas we stayed at had pump outs. What a great place The Abacos is. Although its considered the Bahamas, doesn't even compare to Nassau or Freeport/Port Lucaya.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Registered

Well that is going to be a problem... My boat has 15 gallons of waste, and No way to dump over board.. only pump out..... hmm
Old 05-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Registered

Well that is going to be a problem... My boat has 15 gallons of waste, and No way to dump over board.. only pump out..... hmm
Of course his has bigger tanks, but he can't dump overboard either. We just used the marina facilities while slipped at each place as most had nice ones. Well, except for P. Lucaya!

This year our stops are Spanish Cay, Great Guana, Elbow, Green Turtle, and finish up at West End before crossing back over to Ft. Pierce.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

This I can see being a madjor problem. I plan to stay on the boat, with only a few marina nights... so at least its 2 people, 10 days, 20 poops? ha in 15 gallons.....
Old 05-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this may sound gross but bring a 5 gallon bucket and do your thing...plenty of water to wash up..
Old 05-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I plan on bringnig spares for sure. Only problem would be a impeller change... I could do it floating if it was not for the amount of water coming in the hose from the drive... I cant move it above the water line like I could on a single engine.
Get a plug for the hose, once disconnected, slide plug in. Tapered dowel if can't find plug.

Sounds like a cool trip. Where y'all leaving from?
Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

This I can see being a madjor problem. I plan to stay on the boat, with only a few marina nights... so at least its 2 people, 10 days, 20 poops? ha in 15 gallons.....
Forget staying on the boat.....get a room. The sun/heat is brutal and sleeping in an a/c room with a shower and amenities is priceless over sleeping in a 8ft wide go fast. Look at these videos, young kids were getting beat to death and the idea of beach camping quickly went out the window!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiWZTy0brf0 Originally when we planned the trip we were planning to camp for at least two days. Heat, salt, and exhaustion made camping seem like less of a good idea once we reached the Bahamas. So we spent much of day 5 on a satellite phone attempting to call the few villas available for rent in the Exumas; All of them were booked solid. With no other options available, we headed North to the Warderick Wells region to setup a camp site. We were officially "homeless in the Bahamas". We decided to camp on a small secluded island called "Paradise Island", with a nice protected beach. Unfortunately we soon realized that Jeff forgot the tent poles. So Jeff and I headed to the Exumas Land & Sea Park Headquarters in hopes of borrowing some supplies. The park rangers were awesome and they set us up with poles from 3 different tents. We were able to rig together a makeshift tent but we couldn't secure the rain proof cover.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Get a plug for the hose, once disconnected, slide plug in. Tapered dowel if can't find plug.

Sounds like a cool trip. Where y'all leaving from?
Not sure yet still planning all depends if we are going to go all the way to pig island or stay around bimini or something.

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Forget staying on the boat.....get a room. The sun/heat is brutal and sleeping in an a/c room with a shower and amenities is priceless over sleeping in a 8ft wide go fast. Look at these videos, young kids were getting beat to death and the idea of beach camping quickly went out the window!

Originally when we planned the trip we were planning to camp for at least two days. Heat, salt, and exhaustion made camping seem like less of a good idea once we reached the Bahamas. So we spent much of day 5 on a satellite phone attempting to call the few villas available for rent in the Exumas; All of them were booked solid. With no other options available, we headed North to the Warderick Wells region to setup a camp site. We were officially "homeless in the Bahamas". We decided to camp on a small secluded island called "Paradise Island", with a nice protected beach. Unfortunately we soon realized that Jeff forgot the tent poles. So Jeff and I headed to the Exumas Land & Sea Park Headquarters in hopes of borrowing some supplies. The park rangers were awesome and they set us up with poles from 3 different tents. We were able to rig together a makeshift tent but we couldn't secure the rain proof cover.

I am not sleeping in a tent. Boat has genny, AC, and Vacuflush head. I sleep in the boat ALOT. its ICE cold with the AC running. 65 degrees, and dark if i want it to be. with a temperpedic V birth.

It sleeps great... Not worried about that. I have ruffed it on a 17 foot bow rider with a family of 4 with just camper tops for 6-7 days. 10 days with just me and the girl in a 34 foot, AC, Genny, boat is not a problem.. BUT running out of a holding tank will be.

Wonder if I could make a make shift hand vacume pump to empty the tank when out to sea. Nasty but only a 1-2 time thing and solve my problem.

Last edited by mittens; 05-14-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.