SS7M Interior mod project Come inside

Notices

SS7M Interior mod project Come inside

Old 09-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts
Default SS7M Interior mod project Come inside

Ok guys anyone who knows me pretty much can say I dont leave anyhting along. Im doing a little project on the boat wanted some feed back but im probably going forth with it anyway.
Here it is. I love the boat rides great and have a blast with it, BUT rear seating blows by far. So time for some drop out bolters in gthe rear. Yes i know I have to take the rear seat out make a bulk head and blah blah blah but I think it will add to the appeal, poker run set up and over all enjoyment. Also going to get a couple grab handles for the rear and get those in there.
Stay tuned for the project and progress. Will have pics of bolsters when i pick them up saterday and work as I fit form the rear.
-Mike
Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

As it sits now....
-Mike
Attached Thumbnails SS7M Interior mod project Come inside-carerainterior-small-.jpg   SS7M Interior mod project Come inside-mayl15005-010-small-.jpg   SS7M Interior mod project Come inside-mayl15005-011-small-.jpg  

SS7M Interior mod project Come inside-mayl15005-012-small-.jpg   SS7M Interior mod project Come inside-p1010056.jpg  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Also going to put the tabs switch in part with the throttle box and also the trailer motors tilt switches in the throttle box. Just cleaning it up and more user friendly. Plus any other carreras with a rear man stand up???
-Mike
Old 09-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only reason you can even attempt that is because of the outboards.
With the original bigblock+trs the back seat is more of a drink holder than a people holder on the 24
Id say about half the ones I have seen have no rear seat just a 3 man in front.
The outboards give you a lot more flexibility, I like it!
Old 09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Im already moching it up taking measurments and a saw in hand. I wont start this until later on unless im feeling seriosly ambitious and want to pull an all nighter but I have done it before. Id like to use it for the rest of the season as is and not as a work in progress. But i will be done. I had my girlfriend and dad in there monday and it was tight and sitting sux and standing between bolsters is a bj also. So Logic tells me its time for 2 rear bolsters. New fronts and us the fronts and put them to the rear due to the eway they drop out sideways instead of straight down.
-Mike
Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SS, Why is there a step in the floor ahead of the seat ? You can remove the bulkhead and move it closer to the transom, to give you more room. Thinking of doing this to my MAGNUM. "HIGH LIFE"
Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not eliminate the bikini platform in the back
Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

The step was for the snout of the engine to slide under with the trs set-up. Who said anything about getting rid of the sun pad???? I didnt mention that once. Im building a new bulk head this is how its going to be:
1st take all mesurment and templetes for a fresh bulkhead/firewall. Cut the needed notches and holes into it. After resin it up pre-fit once again for good measure. After so I wil be using the New set of seats in the front and the O.E. for the back. The bulk head will go up to the rear hatch/sunpad. Non of that will be touch, The bulk head wil; just be taking the back seats place. I will cut along each side of the access plate to the tanks and remove the excess step and level it all the way off to the new bulk head. After so i will build at box that will attch to the access plate {step} if thats what it will be called so it goes to the builk head and looks correct not just hacked. After so I will pre fit the seats so thet fit snug between the new bulk head boat sides and that step in the floor. Thats my plan and hopefully sticking to it.
-Mike
Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Just made the bulk head templates. I will be moving the fuel fill hose threw the out side stringer and will be re-inforced to not kill the streagth of the stringer. Saterday new bolster for fron along with cutting out the new bulk head and pre fit also the fuel fill set up will be cut tomorrow.
-Mike
Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool project. Have you had the boat out for a run yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.