78 carrera 7m "nasty habit" >

78 carrera 7m "nasty habit"

Notices

78 carrera 7m "nasty habit"

Old 03-16-2018, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 78 carrera 7m "nasty habit"

I bought a carrera 7m ss? Couple years ago been dragging my feet collecting parts to build a "proper" bbc for it. The p.o seemed sure of its herratige sayin it was from thunder row or thunder alley in Miami. Also thar it was featured in a boating magizine years ago, was carrerra part of thunder row/alley in late 70s? And does anyone possibly recognze the "nasty habbit"? I bought it by chicago n he had owned it since the mid 90s
Old 03-21-2018, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carrera was never in Thunder row (NE 188St) but never the less it's an machine. They were in Medley, FL which is an industrial city in Miami, FL . One of the best if not the best 24 ft boat to date. It handles big water like if it was a bigger boat. Carrera won many but many National & World championships. If it's a 78, it's one of the first first ones as that around the time Humberto Picon started Carrera powerboats.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are great boats. i have two of them they handle rough water great and like skater mike said they are probably the best 24 built.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely correct! I have owned 2 Carrera's 7MM. They were built in Medley. One of the original drug hauling boats of the 80's. Jaws and Panteras other local favorites.... I jspent 2 1/2 years building my last Carrera which I bought from the original owner in Minnesota. Bought from righ here Offshore Only classifieds.......