Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Checkmate (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/checkmate-53/)
-   -   Checkmate Service (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/checkmate/102476-checkmate-service.html)

RJBBC 05-05-2005 10:16 AM

Checkmate Service

Ordered new carpet from Checkmate over a month ago and still getting the run around. I am really impressed with the build quality and ride of our 259 Convincor but customer service is important. Is this a one time blunder or have others struggled with Checkmate's service?

Vinny P 05-05-2005 07:47 PM

Re: Checkmate Service

This is the first time I have heard of a problem with them. What did Mike say is causing the hold up?

RJBBC 05-05-2005 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
This is the first time I have heard of a problem with them. What did Mike say is causing the hold up?

He said they are dealing with a new vendor and are having problems with the orders. I understand the situation, I'm just disappointed in the feedback from Checkmate. I do not want to single out any one person, I talked to four different people at Checkmate and received similar responses. It seems as if a customer calling in to place an order for carpet gets bumped to the bottom of the to do list. Maybe my expectations are too high.

HiPerf2000 05-05-2005 09:48 PM

i always had a great experience when i called the factory....for parts, or just questions. I would say thier vendor is screwing them, and you are caught in the middle.

bouncedcheque 05-09-2005 08:20 AM

That seems to be a common problem at this time of year - marine vendors are so backed-up they can't get to the customers like Checkmate, especially for smaller orders. I'm sure if Mike had it in stock, you'd have it by now - he's always filled my orders within a day or so.

cigrocket 05-10-2005 07:31 AM

Mike has been great to deal with, I toured the factory last year. I am sure that if mike had the carpet from his distributor it would be in your boat. Never had any problems. Just call and be persistant.

zt260 05-10-2005 07:36 PM

I ordered carpet a week ago and it is here now. Funny, Mike asked the color and said the red is out of stock luckily the blue was what I needed.

bouncedcheque 05-12-2005 07:23 AM

Dave, are you ripping out old carpet on the floor of the cockpit? I'm wondering how hard that is, since mine has some nasty oil atains from a small accident.

zt260 05-12-2005 02:15 PM

John,

My carpet just snaps in, 5 minutes of work to replace.

bouncedcheque 05-12-2005 03:36 PM

Lucky you - didn't know they made 'em with snap-in carpet. I learned something else earlier today, and that's that there is a drain catch in the bow under the pop-up navigation light - it collects water into a tube that is all coiled up with a stopper in the end - keeps the water from entering the bow area. You might have seen it already in yours cause its closed bow, but mine was squirreled away where I'd never see it, only did bec. I was installing some bezels on the hardware up there.