Finshing projects on new ZT 280 >

Finshing projects on new ZT 280

Notices

Finshing projects on new ZT 280

Old 05-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finshing projects on new ZT 280

I am finishing some of the projects on my new to me ZT 280. Here are a couple of the pics of my progress on the projects. I installed a Liverosi GPS speedo and oil temp guauge. I am also in the process of installing dual ram add on hydraulic steering. I hope to be done with that next weekend. What a pain!
Attached Thumbnails Finshing projects on new ZT 280-picture-032-3-.jpg   Finshing projects on new ZT 280-picture-033.jpg   Finshing projects on new ZT 280-picture-034.jpg  

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 05-14-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered

Default Re: Finshing projects on new ZT 280

Here is the recall switch for the GPS and the oil temp guage. I will be glad when I finish up the steering and install the new oil filter bracket that I bought form Trick Marine. Fred is make some brackets with 1/8" NPT fitting so the oil temp sensor plugs right in. Enougth work I need to hit the lake in a bad way!
Attached Thumbnails Finshing projects on new ZT 280-picture-035.jpg   Finshing projects on new ZT 280-picture-036.jpg  
Old 05-14-2006, 11:36 PM
FOUNTAIN LIGHTNING 33
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good andy,have you been out with the new boat yet? the weather is still cold and rainy around here so i haven't been out . Robin
Old 05-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

I ams till putting the finishing touches on the steering, so I have only been out once. The weather has been crappy here too, so I don't feel bad about not having the boat done. I am hoping to wrap the steering up next Saturday and get her wet.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Registered

Well finally got everything wrapped up with the projects. Last night I ran the Check on Lake Michigan. I ran 70 and change not quite 71 on the GPS with 3/4 tank of fuel with 4 big guys in the boat and 2 ft chop. I think I will be able to run 73 with a light load. I am very happy because 70 all day long in the number I was hoping for!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Well finally got everything wrapped up with the projects. Last night I ran the Check on Lake Michigan. I ran 70 and change not quite 71 on the GPS with 3/4 tank of fuel with 4 big guys in the boat and 2 ft chop. I think I will be able to run 73 with a light load. I am very happy because 70 all day long in the number I was hoping for!
What do you think of the full hydraulic steering? Does the boat feel more stable? We are thinking of increasing our HP next year to around 500 and are currently not budgeting for hydraulic steering. Is this a mistake?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJBBC
What do you think of the full hydraulic steering? Does the boat feel more stable? We are thinking of increasing our HP next year to around 500 and are currently not budgeting for hydraulic steering. Is this a mistake?

I have a dual ram add-on system. It is well work the money. No more slop in the wheel and way more stable at high speeds. I only drove the boat once before I installed it, but I made a huge difference. I would go to add on system you can always upgrade when you have the $$$. Call me if you want before the install, I will walk you through it. I made a mistake that has cost me what I could have went to full hydraulic system. Live and learn!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I have a dual ram add-on system. It is well work the money. No more slop in the wheel and way more stable at high speeds. I only drove the boat once before I installed it, but I made a huge difference. I would go to add on system you can always upgrade when you have the $$$. Call me if you want before the install, I will walk you through it. I made a mistake that has cost me what I could have went to full hydraulic system. Live and learn!
What is the difference between full hydraulic and dual ram add-on steering systems?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered

Full hydralic on all the way to the helm, steering wheel. They eliminate the steering cable and other steering components near the bell housing. An add on system ties into the current steering system and is considerable cheaper.