Engine Shop >

Engine Shop

Notices

Engine Shop

Old 12-22-2006, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine Shop

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Rob, if you go with Dana tabs or K-planes, I would mount them the same as your existing tabs and follow the deadrise of the hull. If you are serious about adding bigger tabs and would be interested in going with a set of 280 K-planes, let me know. I have a source you can possible go with to get them at a significantly reduced cost.
Jeff,
I appreciate the advice and offer. I think at this point I am just window shopping. Although the boat would run better in rough water with good tabs.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Registered

Nice ride ! I have a 251 as well. I have played with several combo's. Currently I have a Mod 468 and run just under 80mph. I bought a bunch of stuff to upgrade to get over 80 but have not gotten to try much out, as I havent used the boat much last year. I am considering selling every thing boat and all. I have an Imco 2" shorty, 12 " Imco box, Big tabs and assorted stuff, maybe you would be interested?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:19 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dlbCheckmate
Nice ride ! I have a 251 as well. I have played with several combo's. Currently I have a Mod 468 and run just under 80mph. I bought a bunch of stuff to upgrade to get over 80 but have not gotten to try much out, as I havent used the boat much last year. I am considering selling every thing boat and all. I have an Imco 2" shorty, 12 " Imco box, Big tabs and assorted stuff, maybe you would be interested?
I would be interested in the Imco -2 shorty lower. All I reaaly care about is the case.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:06 AM

I may have an interest in the big tabs. What kind are they? Do you have indicators?
Old 12-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I am ready for big tabs too. Am thinking the kit from Trick. Look similar to the Dana tabs, are they the same ??

Anyone tried modifying the stock electronic sensor to use on aftermarket rams for indicators ? I will be replacing Insta-Trim dual ram system.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O

Anyone tried modifying the stock electronic sensor to use on aftermarket rams for indicators ? I will be replacing Insta-Trim dual ram system.
I thought about doing the same thing. I couldnt find a good way to do it. Besides, the stock LED guage I had sucked. I couldnt see the LED in the sunlight.
It may be a bit more work, but putting in mechanical indicators is the way to go.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

The electronic one's use the piston running in the plastic cylinder to indicate position, not sure if you could adapt them to read with the aluminum rams. Any way... I bought the lower as a package, ext box and drive (bravo with imco lower) it is complete. The tabs are from Fred at Trick, brand new with Pumps I bought them to use with the Box. They are Red, I can take photos if your interested.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:37 PM

The electronic one's use the piston running in the plastic cylinder to indicate position, not sure if you could adapt them to read with the aluminum rams. Any way... I bought the lower as a package, ext box and drive (bravo with imco lower) it is complete. The tabs are from Fred at Trick, brand new with Pumps I bought them to use with the Box. They are Red, I can take photos if your interested.
What brand are the tabs? Do you have indicators? Pictures would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
OK, just came in from the garage. I took a few shots...
Vinny,
I just checked out the HP 1000 tabs kit on Dana marine's website. Other than the Gaffrig indicator gauge what other parts did you have to buy to complete the set? The price seems reasonable for the tabs, pumps and switch.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Rob,

The kit is complete. Everything you will need is included. You just need the complete indicator kit... guage, cables and thru-hull fittings.

Vinny

Quick Reply: Engine Shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.