Biggest Checkmate >

Biggest Checkmate

Notices

Biggest Checkmate

Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beamog
I have a 330ZT, its a pretty big boat. had it next to a baja 33sst, and it appeared slightly larger. I love the boat, but a single engine youd hate it. Its definately quite a handful at speed tho. loves to chine walk,but moves real well. Had 3blades on it, went to a 4 blade, and have more control at cruise and higher. And docking regardless is a pain just due to design. it doesnt really go where ya want to to at idle. takes getting used to.
Did not figure out if you had twins or is it a single engine boat.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

Noyzee- you should buy what you want in life but...........you would get killed on the resale of a30'+ performance boat w/ a single.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anything over 28 foot or so performace boat really needs twins. I down sized from a 29 powerquest with twins to a 28 powerquest with a single. The 28 is a great boat but my 29 with 502s got better fuel economy then the 28 with a 496. I did get pretty spoiled the way the twins performed all around from parking to reaching top speed.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by specialk
Anything over 28 foot or so performace boat really needs twins. I down sized from a 29 powerquest with twins to a 28 powerquest with a single. The 28 is a great boat but my 29 with 502s got better fuel economy then the 28 with a 496. I did get pretty spoiled the way the twins performed all around from parking to reaching top speed.
What kind of speeds did you get out of your single 28 powerquest with the 496 and what hp was it.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is a 496 HO with a 3.5 psi pro charger. 72 consistant. 74 best I saw so far. #s are from a portable gps. Speedo was showing 77. I have not had the boat that long so I am still trying to figure out if these are the numbers I should see or if I am missing something.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DareDevil
OK,,,not to steal this thread,,,but a 32 single is COOL.

Buy the way mine is for sale ,,mid 90's,single 800 HP and a SSM #4 !!!!!
Boat weighs about 5500 pounds with 100 gallons of fuel.

On the 33 LT,,,,it really is a 35 with the swimplatform,i think it was a 33 waterline boat ?!
Nice for sure.
thats what i was thinking. a 700 in a 30 footer. we'll see
Old 07-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Registered

Mines a twin with 454s. I couldnt even imagine manuvering a single around. They just arent designed to go slow or in reverse.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Registered

I have a 330ZT, its a pretty big boat. had it next to a baja 33sst, and it appeared slightly larger. I love the boat, but a single engine youd hate it. Its definately quite a handful at speed tho. loves to chine walk,but moves real well. Had 3blades on it, went to a 4 blade, and have more control at cruise and higher. And docking regardless is a pain just due to design. it doesnt really go where ya want to to at idle. takes getting used to.
Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
Did not figure out if you had twins or is it a single engine boat.

Mines a twin with 454s. I couldnt even imagine manuvering a single around. They just arent designed to go slow or in reverse.
The way you talk about dock manners of your boat mine does the same thing with a single. So if your twin sucks at a dock that means its no better than a single. I seen a 30 foot single around a dock and it acted no different than mine.

From what I seen and heard regardless single or twin its just the characteristics of the hull design of a Checkmate. When I am backing up to a dock if somebody walks around in the boat it throws everthing off.

Untill we can find a person that owned both Checkmates single and twin the same size we wont know the truth,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.