Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Checkmate (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/checkmate-53/)
-   -   Just A Thought............... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/checkmate/280161-just-thought.html)

WILDwhenWET 07-07-2012 03:04 PM

Just A Thought...............

If Doug Smith got ahold of the old 36 Outlaw hull mold & he knows where its at.....and started working with it, making changes like adding steps & other things to bring it up to date, couldn't that be something special!!!

:eekdrop:

JUPITER PULSARE 07-07-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by WILDwhenWET (Post 3725097)
If Doug Smith got ahold of the old 36 Outlaw hull mold & he knows where its at.....and started working with it, making changes like adding steps & other things to bring it up to date, couldn't that be something special!!!

:eekdrop:

As long as the topdeck looks nothing like a Baja!!!

WILDwhenWET 07-09-2012 11:33 AM

The "New Baja" doesn't use that hull anymore, so wouldn't have to change much to make it work, maybe a better designed swim platform!

Very nice & roomy cockpit & much more agressive boat than the 350 which reminds me of the Baja 342, which takes a bunch of power to make it run well.

The real Baja quit building the 36 after the 05 model year.

persuaderboats 09-03-2012 10:45 PM

I say he should go for it, if he had the hull.

BTW, its an amazing resemblence between the 350 and the Baja 242. lol

c_deezy 09-04-2012 02:08 AM

He probably knows where the molds are. In the county dump.

I'm pretty sure XT listed all the other molds that are over there not too long ago, can't recall for sure if the 36 was amont them or not...

WILDwhenWET 09-04-2012 01:15 PM

Think XT did say it was in the dump........

Start digging dammmmit.......................lol

XT-Innovator 09-04-2012 04:45 PM

6 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by WILDwhenWET (Post 3768892)
Think XT did say it was in the dump........

Start digging dammmmit.......................lol

My shovel is not big enough.....Besides Checkmate has already built a much better performance 36 footer than a Baja! I did not get to view it in action, but I trust the source that told me the numbers and how well it ran. When I just looked at the bottom configuration I thought it had everything right. I say it's time to start from scratch, but any new 36 should have a hull design closer to the one they built.

(Just my opinion of course)

XT

BGIII 09-04-2012 07:07 PM

Reminds me of the 36 Pantera XT.

XT-Innovator 09-04-2012 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by BGIII (Post 3769214)
Reminds me of the 36 Pantera XT.

:whistle: Hmmm? Well I know we started from scratch on the rear bench interior and engine hatch. No matter what I still like that boat. I do think a little higher freeboard at the rear would be nice.

We just finished a interior job on a 88' 28 Pantera last week. They built a real nice boat way back then.

XT

WOTW2E 09-04-2012 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator (Post 3769070)
I did not get to view it in action, but I trust the source that told me the numbers and how well it ran. I say it's time to start from scratch, but any new 36 should have a hull design closer to the one they built.
XT

Those pics do look vaguely familiar. My socks even show up in that one pic....

That was a really fun project and yes, that boat ran well. I agree with your sources. :daz: